Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp help

imacoltfan

Hey Mods, if this needs to be moved no problem.

Bringing my 14 yr old daughter out to Anderson for camp and was wondering if someone could share some tips (Hotels etc. best time to go, best shots at player interaction/autographs). I just want to make it special for her and want her to get the most out of it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bringing my 14 yr old daughter out to Anderson for camp and was wondering if someone could share some tips (Hotels etc. best time to go, best shots at player interaction/autographs). I just want to make it special for her and want her to get the most out of it. Any help would be much appreciated.

The Link below will take you to the Training Camp Schedule with all the important info you need to know about where to park, The Colts dont charge for Training Camp but Anderson University does, If I remember right it was 10 dollars to park. I try to get there an hour early to get the best seats, Many (but not all) of the players will come over after almost every practice and sign autographs. I have several autographs of players including Andrew Luck. The best way to go about getting a players autograph(in my opinion because it has always worked out for me) is to sit down at the bottom of the bleachers, There is a fence directly across from it and the players come to that fence and sign autographs. I sit in the middle of the bleachers at the bottom row because its equal distance to each end which means you dont have to go all the way down to the other end chasing a player, you risk losing your original spot that way and if that player is gone by the time you get down there you could be out of luck for BOTH that autograph AND a good spot to get another autograph, I just hold out what I want signed and they usually make there way down, I even got a picture with Chuck Pagano, It gets hot out there though

The Link below will take you to the Training Camp Schedule with all the important info you need to know about where to park, The Colts dont charge for Training Camp but Anderson University does, If I remember right it was 10 dollars to park. I try to get there an hour early to get the best seats, Many (but not all) of the players will come over after almost every practice and sign autographs. I have several autographs of players including Andrew Luck. The best way to go about getting a players autograph(in my opinion because it has always worked out for me) is to sit down at the bottom of the bleachers, There is a fence directly across from it and the players come to that fence and sign autographs. I sit in the middle of the bleachers at the bottom row because its equal distance to each end which means you dont have to go all the way down to the other end chasing a player, you risk losing your original spot that way and if that player is gone by the time you get down there you could be out of luck for BOTH that autograph AND a good spot to get another autograph, I just hold out what I want signed and they usually make there way down, I even got a picture with Chuck Pagano, It gets hot out there though

Thank you for the link. That is great info! I'll make plans for the trip.

Thank you for the link. That is great info! I'll make plans for the trip.

Have fun!. I'll be there probably every practice since I live just right down the road, Bring a camera if you want picture and sunscreen if you burn easy, I got nice and cooked last year

Gavin already gave you a lot of info, just gonna add a little on to his.  You can park slightly further out for $5, there are a cpl lots (one at a church lot, the other just a grass lot) located to the west of the AU lot.  $5 might not sound like a big difference, but for a few more steps that $ can go towards buying you food or beverages inside.  Also Colts City isn't open every day that camp is, so you might want to make sure you are here on those days just so there is a little more to do/see.  And player autographs are truly a luck of the draw.  A decent amount of players will take time after practice to stop and sign, some act like they have no idea you are even there and go back inside afterwards (although in their defense, if I just got done running around in the heat for a cpl hours I would probably be in a hurry to get inside, cool off, shower, and eat).  Also I noticed last year that wherever Luck stopped to sign at, he always signed moving to his right, and he did so for a considerable length of time.  Another thing is players will sometimes give their gloves or towels out if you ask them for it.  I had a good year with the rookies last year, got autographed gloves from Ballard and Brazill (who also gave me his towel) and autographed towel from T.Y.  Good luck, and hope you guys have fun.  Training camp is a really good experience to watch.

Have fun!. I'll be there probably every practice since I live just right down the road, Bring a camera if you want picture and sunscreen if you burn easy, I got nice and cooked last year

Not all cameras are allowed. Nothing with a large zoom lens.

Hi I'm new to the forum a little off topic but I've been saving for a while now and thinking about buying a framed Andrew luck jersey from sports memorabilia.com has anyone bought from then it's gonna cost me 699.00 for it the cheapest I've found online besides eBay I work 6 days a week so can't make it to training camp for an autograph so been really saving for this I'm just worried don't want to get ripped off by buying a fake one so all you colts fan please help me out thanks

Hi I'm new to the forum a little off topic but I've been saving for a while now and thinking about buying a framed Andrew luck jersey from sports memorabilia.com has anyone bought from then it's gonna cost me 699.00 for it the cheapest I've found online besides eBay I work 6 days a week so can't make it to training camp for an autograph so been really saving for this I'm just worried don't want to get ripped off by buying a fake one so all you colts fan please help me out thanks

Sent you a message