Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seaon Ticket Question

AllEisOnMe

I am moving to Indy within the next few months and want to get season tickets. Getting on the waiting list is an option but will take far too long. I am looking at purchasing some from the transfer marketplace for the 2012 season and then buying out someones tickets for the 2011 season. My question for the season ticket holders is, what are the chances of being able to relocate my seats once I have taken ownership of the seats? I don't want to spend a ton to buy out the rights, so I am looking at buying less ideal (to me) tickets and then filling out the seat relocation form to hopefully move from the terrace level to loge or even street level.

For those of you that have season tickets, what are the odds of doing this? I've never owned season tickets for any sport, so I am not sure how this all works.

I've successfully moved the last couple of years, but note that I've only improved 5 rows in the same price zone. I don't doubt that my desire to stay in the same price zone limits my ability to relocate. I suspect that if you're willing to move into the higher-priced sections, your chances improve, but maybe not. Good luck.

I've successfully moved the last couple of years, but note that I've only improved 5 rows in the same price zone. I don't doubt that my desire to stay in the same price zone limits my ability to relocate. I suspect that if you're willing to move into the higher-priced sections, your chances improve, but maybe not. Good luck.

That is my goal. To start off in the terrace sideline, for example, and move down to street level or loge. I have no problem moving into higher-priced sections, I just don't want to pay someone 5000 for rights to 300 level tickets when I can get 600 level rights for under 1000 then move to the area I would like to be.

My post from yesterday appears to be missing so I will paraphrase it.

From what I have heard, it will take many years before you would be able to move from 600 level down to lower levels. If you go the route of getting on the season ticket waiting list and finally get tickets, you will be last in senority. This is what they base relocating preferences, and there will be many othe season ticket holders in front of you requesting better seats.

Another route you might look into is buying a single year of season tickets from someone on Craigslist. I see season ticket holders on there all the time just asking for face value for the whole year of tickets because they can't afford them but don't want to lose there seats forever.

My post from yesterday appears to be missing so I will paraphrase it.

From what I have heard, it will take many years before you would be able to move from 600 level down to lower levels. If you go the route of getting on the season ticket waiting list and finally get tickets, you will be last in senority. This is what they base relocating preferences, and there will be many othe season ticket holders in front of you requesting better seats.

Another route you might look into is buying a single year of season tickets from someone on Craigslist. I see season ticket holders on there all the time just asking for face value for the whole year of tickets because they can't afford them but don't want to lose there seats forever.

I appreciate the response and knowledge. That makes sense when going the way of the waiting list. Do you know how the transfer marketplace works? For example, if I bought season ticket rights from someone in the transfer marketplace and they had their tickets for 5 years, will that length of ownership transfer to me since I bought the rights from them? Or, would it start over?

I don't want to wait on the waiting list because it will likely be after Manning's era when I finally get the chance to buy tickets. I have found some decent deals on the transfer marketplace to buy out the rights to seats and thus be a season ticket owner sooner rather than later.

I don't think that the senority transfers when you buy off of the transfer marketplace, but I am not 100% sure. I know that if you buy someones rights directly from them (not through the transfer market place method) senority does NOT transfer.

From what I have seen, the best time to look for season tickets is just before dues are to be paid (Feb-March). If ticket holders can't afford them, they will sometimes try to sell them so they don't just lose them.

I don't think that the senority transfers when you buy off of the transfer marketplace, but I am not 100% sure. I know that if you buy someones rights directly from them (not through the transfer market place method) senority does NOT transfer.

From what I have seen, the best time to look for season tickets is just before dues are to be paid (Feb-March). If ticket holders can't afford them, they will sometimes try to sell them so they don't just lose them.

Yeah, I just had this confirmed by the Colts ticket office. Seniority does not transfer when seats are transferred to another person. That is unfortunate. I was hoping it would so I would have the ability to move down next year.

Before this whole lock-out mess started Stub-Hub had some season tickets for sale by the owners with the option to buy them next season. They had some down front which were in the $30,000.00 range.

I checked and they're not showing anything right now, but you might keep an eye out as they may post something later.

Before this whole lock-out mess started Stub-Hub had some season tickets for sale by the owners with the option to buy them next season. They had some down front which were in the $30,000.00 range.

I checked and they're not showing anything right now, but you might keep an eye out as they may post something later.

Yeah I was taking a look on stubhub and didn't find anything. 30k is well out of my range. Basically I am looking to spend around $1500 to buy out the seat rights for 2012 then spend face value to buy the 2011 seats.