Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Cap numbers from Colts

loudnproudcolt

Colts Salary Cap
According to The Star’s Mike Chappell, the eight contracts the Colts have handed out this week will have a combined salary cap hit of approximately $30 million. The Colts entered free agency with about $43-44 million of cap space and a portion of what’s left — about $13-14 million — must be earmarked for the April draft (maybe $5 million), the practice squad and a cushion for injury and roster moves during the regular season. Here is a look at the contracts:

Years

Value

Signing Bonus

2013 Cap

OT Gosder Cherilus

$35 million

$10 million

$7.5 million

S LaRon Landry

$24 million

$7 million

$5.75 million

DT Ricky Jean Francois

$22 mlllion

NA

$4.65 million

CB Greg Toler

$15 million

$1 million

$4.33 million

LB Erik Walden

$16 million

$1 million

$3.25 million

G Donald Thomas

$14 million

$1 million

$2.75 million

CB Darius Butler

$4 million

$1 million

$1.5 million

LB Lawrence Sidbury

$715,000

NA

$715,000

Last week I happened to watch the Free Agency special on ESPN with Polian and Parcells. It was more about capology than actual FA's available, so very interesting. Parcells has also served as GM in addition to coach. Both said that you needed about 10 Million set asise for emergencies and injuries you never saw coming, and your practice squad. I never knew each person on the practice squad was 90K and counted towards the cap. Drafting at #24 I would say 5M is about right for our draft choices. Could be less if we can trade our first for a second and third, which is what I would prefer, but that is off topic. With what we have left in salary cap, I think we are done in FA. I am sure though if they saw something they wanted, they could restructure a deal or two to get it done.

And once again, another person forgot to add the FT we gave Mcafee!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE FORGETTING IT! It counts against that cap number, and is around 3 million I think, unless of course we get him to sign a long term deal.

But you need to add it for current money stats.

And once again, another person forgot to add the FT we gave Mcafee!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE FORGETTING IT! It counts against that cap number, and is around 3 million I think, unless of course we get him to sign a long term deal.

But you need to add it for current money stats.

I bet no one forgets ever again after that rollocking!

Colts Salary Cap

According to The Star’s Mike Chappell, the eight contracts the Colts have handed out this week will have a combined salary cap hit of approximately $30 million. The Colts entered free agency with about $43-44 million of cap space and a portion of what’s left — about $13-14 million — must be earmarked for the April draft (maybe $5 million), the practice squad and a cushion for injury and roster moves during the regular season. Here is a look at the contracts:

Years

Value

Signing Bonus

2013 Cap

OT Gosder Cherilus

$35 million

$10 million

$7.5 million

S LaRon Landry

$24 million

$7 million

$5.75 million

DT Ricky Jean Francois

$22 mlllion

NA

$4.65 million

CB Greg Toler

$15 million

$1 million

$4.33 million

LB Erik Walden

$16 million

$1 million

$3.25 million

G Donald Thomas

$14 million

$1 million

$2.75 million

CB Darius Butler

$4 million

$1 million

$1.5 million

LB Lawrence Sidbury

$715,000

NA

$715,000

Last week I happened to watch the Free Agency special on ESPN with Polian and Parcells. It was more about capology than actual FA's available, so very interesting. Parcells has also served as GM in addition to coach. Both said that you needed about 10 Million set asise for emergencies and injuries you never saw coming, and your practice squad. I never knew each person on the practice squad was 90K and counted towards the cap. Drafting at #24 I would say 5M is about right for our draft choices. Could be less if we can trade our first for a second and third, which is what I would prefer, but that is off topic. With what we have left in salary cap, I think we are done in FA. I am sure though if they saw something they wanted, they could restructure a deal or two to get it done.

Link? Particularly interested in the details on RJF's deal...

Colts Salary Cap

Years

Value

Signing Bonus

2013 Cap

OT Gosder Cherilus

$35 million

$10 million

$7.5 million

S LaRon Landry

$24 million

$7 million

$5.75 million

DT Ricky Jean Francois

$22 mlllion

NA

$4.65 million

CB Greg Toler

$15 million

$1 million

$4.33 million

LB Erik Walden

$16 million

$1 million

$3.25 million

G Donald Thomas

$14 million

$1 million

$2.75 million

CB Darius Butler

$4 million

$1 million

$1.5 million

LB Lawrence Sidbury

$715,000

NA

$715,000

You don't have to guess at what it will take to sign the Colt rookies. With he new CBA , it's a "slotted system." The numbers can be seen if you search the net. I'ce done this and the Colts , who pick fairley late and have no 2nd and 5th round picks , have the lowest figure at 2.9 million.

NOTES:

• The Giants rank 20th out of all clubs in this category, ranging from biggest rookie pool allocation to smallest, with their total of $4,614,587.

• The total range is from approximately $7.84 M to $2.92 M.

• The Eagles have the biggest rookie pool allocation estimate, with $7,836,357.

• The Colts have the smallest rookie pool allocation estimate, with $2,917,155.

• Estimates will change after compensatory picks are awarded, and according to the amount of picks that teams have.

• Changes in estimates will of course be made to reflect trades and transactions involving draft picks prior to the draft, during it, and after its conclusion, at which point speculation will cease, since the numbers will be concrete at that point.

• Click on the link below for the rest of NFL clubs.