Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks DE Chris Clemons has ACL tear

Jules

per rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms that Seahawks DE Chris Clemons has suffered a torn ACL and meniscus.

Clemons met with Dr. James Andrews Monday and will obviously miss the rest of the playoffs. He'll be up against it to make it back for Week 1 next season. First-round rookie Bruce Irvin will now play a much larger role in the Divisional Round against the Falcons. Clemons had 11.5 sacks this season. He's under contract for $6 million in 2013, with $1.5 million of it guaranteed.

Yikes, thats a HUGE blow to Seattle's #1 defense for sure..  I don't think they're going to be able to topple Ryan and the Falcons.  I admire what Wilson has been able to accomplish this year as a rookie, but I think his lack of experience is going to cost him in this next playoff game.  Maybe he surprises everyone though, we'll see. 

Im enjoying this new style of football that is starting to become more prominent in the NFL with the read option.  The 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers and Redskins are really fun offenses to watch and they've had quite a bit of success as well.