Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Freeney traded on Thurs?

Who would we be getting in return to bolster the pass rush alongside Mathis? There is no feasible trade that would make sense at this point. You can say what he is or is not doing, but the fact still stands that the man still requires double and triple teams at times. I'm still expecting some big games from the old pro. He'll deliver, just wait and see!

We are keeping Freeney, if Freeney was going to be traded then it should have been done before 7 weeks worth of checks have came off the books

Didn't I tell you they were going to be releasing Dixon! I guess now we should be looking for Chapman to be put on the Active roster

Freeney's money is already guaranteed now so no.

Yes, it is guaranteed... thus if traded, the team that takes on his contract must pay him, not the Colts. We simply cannot cut him to save his contract, but a trade is a much different scenario.

i've said it 100 times. The Colts are not exactly thrilled with his contract, but no one else is for that matter. He has absolutely no trade value because his salary negates any contribution he can make to his next team. He's roughly at 1 million per game (14mil/16 games).

The likelihood of finding a team that wants him bad enough to give up something for him isn't good. He's got 3 tackles and a sack this year. Not exciting numbers.

Long story short, it simply isn't likely that a team wants to pay him 1 million per game, and give up anything of value to get him, when he'll likely be a free agent next season. If his salary was lower, it'd make sense, but it is simply too high.

Does anyone think #93 could be traded and taken off our hands on Thursday?

No because we are in the playoff hunt and we can use Freeney right now even though he's been invisible this whole season.

This is how I feel....He's been hurt..and when we get the 9-day break after Jacksonville, he'll get a lot better.

Trading him would be a signal we're giving up on this season