Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown or Eric Decker?

chad72

Antonio Brown vs NY Jets (Or) Eric Decker at Falcons.

I am leaning towards Eric Decker here with Brent Grimes out for the season: http://espn.go.com/n...achilles-tendon

They do have Dunta Robinson, not sure if he is as good as Asante Samuel opposite him.

Also, they put Champ Bailey on Antonio Brown the previous game and he broke up a TD pass for Antonio Brown while the TD pass for Mike Wallace on Tracy Porter worked. It depends on whether they put Revis on Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace similarly. Would I be safer with Eric Decker?

Please advise.

I'd wait and see what the status of Revis is throughout the week. If he doesn't play, I think Brown might be a good option because the Steelers aren't going to run on the Jets a lot. Revis has yet to practice so he may not play.

Decker is going to be good later in the season. The longer he and Pdaddy play the better they're going to get. Right now, though, I think the majority of his reads go to Thomas and Tamme.

I actually have both on my team. Decker is going to catch some balls, but Thomas seems to be the TD guy. I'm starting Brown every week...he seems to be the main focus of Roethlisberger, and I think Revis, if he plays, will be more on Wallace than on Brown. (plus if your league does points for returns, Brown does that as well).

I'd wait and see what the status of Revis is throughout the week. If he doesn't play, I think Brown might be a good option because the Steelers aren't going to run on the Jets a lot. Revis has yet to practice so he may not play.

Decker is going to be good later in the season. The longer he and Pdaddy play the better they're going to get. Right now, though, I think the majority of his reads go to Thomas and Tamme.

Revis is out for this week making Antonio Brown enticing at home. But lot of projections suggest Decker is a good play. Big Ben however does not spread it around like Peyton does to DT, Decker, Stokely, Dreessen and Tamme. So I am thinking I will go with Brown.

Definitely Brown no, IMO.

The whole situation is this:

My WRs in league 1 including FLEX (choose 3) are Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith

I am going with Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and Eric Decker

My WRs in league 2 (choose 2) are Jordy Nelson (already played), Antonio Brown and Eric Decker

I am going with Antonio Brown as the 2nd wideout

It is obvious now that I was talking of league 2 in this thread :). But any different thoughts on league 1 choices above???

I like Torrey Smith, I think he's primed for a big year, I just don't think there is any justification in starting him yet. Although same can be said of Decker... I think that matchup between Decker and Smith is a push right now... I'd make the decision on which one I thought was facing the weaker secondary and the stronger run defense.

I think the Falcons are going to put up a lot of points so it may turn into a QB duel, so Decker may have the advantage in the way of taking more snaps...