Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Snubs

I was looking at a few articles about the snubs this year, and all I can say is this is going to be one deep draft. Some of the snubs are smh. I know why certain people did not get invited, and I have no problem with the criteria. But when you look at Hunter Dimrick from Utah. I admit in advance, I did not know these names, but the numbers. Dimrick had 13 1/2 sacks this year with Utah, good for third in the nation and a solid 4 years at Utah.

Elijah Lee, LB from Kansas State who once again I did not know the name, was the most glaring snub. Junior who came out early. The kid had 116 tackles this year, but a bit of a tweener. 

Sometimes I wonder/know if teams get caught up too much in statistics. I always want a player who has showed in College they can play, and not pure potential. Pure potential equals bust too many times. These are the kind of kids if not drafted who would make great FA's. The ones in the article all get drafted I bet.

I linked one of the articles, but there are plenty.

http://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2017/02/16/nfl-draft-combine-invite-list-snubs-prospects