Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marathon Lattimore trade?

There been rumors that Lattimore could be trade by the Saints. If so, didn’t  Ballard previously show interest in him? And how much would he cost at this stage of his career? Would a 2025 3rd get it done similar to how the Sneed deal went down? Would still love a lockdown corner on Indy if they feel they can contend in the playoffs with a healthy Richardson. 

• Like 1

A 27-year-old Marshon Lattimore could be a good addition talent wise, however, he has played the equivalent of 1 full season over the last two years so health would be an issue in trading for him and then there is the matter of his contract with an AAV of $19,520,600 thru 2027. I doubt that CB would pay the capitol it takes to trade for him with the recent injury history and high salary.

Just my opinion of course since he has repeatedly stated he likes his young DB's. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

A 27-year-old Marshon Lattimore could be a good addition talent wise, however, he has played the equivalent of 1 full season over the last two years so health would be an issue in trading for him and then there is the matter of his contract with an AAV of $19,520,600 thru 2027. I doubt that CB would pay the capitol it takes to trade for him with the recent injury history and high salary.

Just my opinion of course since he has repeatedly stated he likes his young DB's. 

I don’t think the draft capital to acquire him would be high because of the two major reasons you mentioned.  And he likes his corners like we have heard him say multiple times.  So I would be surprised if he traded for a corner.  I would not be surprised if he traded for a FS though.  I think that decision depends on Cross’s camp performance.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would not be surprised if he traded for a FS though.  I think that decision depends on Cross’s camp performance.  

100% with you on that.....

We are very thin at FS. Cross can play SS if needed.

I STILL hope they bring in a vet at FS...... so much risk at a key position for this zone heavy defense 

• Thanks 1