Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Proposed trade for Stefon Diggs to Colts

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

From a Colts can perspective, the one proposed on the site is more favorable. I would want more.

I checked out what we got for Diggs. It was less than what is proposed for JJ. This is what we got for Diggs:

I would still like two #1s for JJ.

I would want two #1s too.  But the 15th pick is a lot better than the 22nd of course and Pierce is included in the proposal.  I think the site proposal would interest them.  It could still be massaged a little bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What do you think of this? Someone proposed it on the Vikings site that I follow:

I don't like the proposed package for JJ. I would rather get this year's and next year's first round picks. Maybe something like this:

Colts get JJ

Vikings received Colts'

2024 First and third round picks

2025 First and 2nd round picks

I think JJ would be a perfect WR for Richardson.

I think somewhere between the two is most likely. I doubt we’d give two 1st and a 2nd, but we might, I don’t know. I don’t know or have given much thought/research into how a tag and trade would work (does that even happen or allowed?) with Pittman, because we obviously would be moving on from him. It might be with a different team, but one that you could recoup some of what you are giving for JJ. But regardless, I don’t think it’s unreasonable. It’s just my opinion, but Justin Jefferson with a rookie deal AR and JT would bring an excitement and expectation to be highly competitive for the foreseeable future. For Ballard- it’s a change of pace and one that might be what is needed to keep him here longtime. Steichen might be the one that would push this idea to fruition, or pull the rug entirely on it. I hope he isn’t one to be arrogant in his ability to win without top talent, instead of vouching that it’s what is needed to take a big jump. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

From a Colts can perspective, the one proposed on the site is more favorable. I would want more.

I checked out what we got for Diggs. It was less than what is proposed for JJ. This is what we got for Diggs:

I would still like two #1s for JJ.

It just occurred to me that a trade like the one proposed would give them more trade ammunition to move up from pick 11 and get a quarterback.  Getting Pierce as part of the package would help with the sting of losing JJ and he is younger than JJ so they might like that since a rookie quarterback will be coming onboard.  The fact they parted with Diggs in his prime means you can’t rule out anything with the Vikings especially if they have their sights on a quarterback in this year’s draft.

• Like 1