Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe it was Sirianni after all?

John Hammonds

On 11/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, John Hammonds said:

Ex Head Coach Frank Reich's new team?  Terrible.

Ex Defensive Coordinator Matt Eberflus' new team?  Terrible.

Ex Offensive Coordinator Nick Sirianni's new team?  Superbowl contenders.

The last time Colts had a good team?  2020.

The last time Sirianni was with the Colts?  2020.

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

This hasn’t aged well

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Definitely Steichen.  That offense does not look the same at all 

I don’t know if you know who Brett Kollman is but he is a pretty knowledgeable guy and laid out pretty clearly how much the Eagles miss Steichen and why.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Why is every post of yours a slam towards Ballard? 

because he has the team in limbo, going nowhere after 7 years, now we have real powers in our division who will dominate us for years to come while we wait for delayed gratification to work. basically i want the colts to win the division and i dont see it under ballard.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:29 PM, John Hammonds said:

Ex Head Coach Frank Reich's new team?  Terrible.

Ex Defensive Coordinator Matt Eberflus' new team?  Terrible.

Ex Offensive Coordinator Nick Sirianni's new team?  Superbowl contenders.

The last time Colts had a good team?  2020.

The last time Sirianni was with the Colts?  2020.

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Frank's offense looked pretty solid with help from the Rivers-Sirianni combo.

It looked more vanilla, worse after that. On his own I believe Frank has an average offensive mind. And he has run out of the energy to lead.

You are Clueless regarding the Bears. Fields has turned the corner and their D is rocking.

Sirianni - we got his offensive genius on our sideline and AZ got his DC.

Guess what, him and his $250M QB are a dumpster fire. Well, terrible!

I think what people are quick to discount and often here is cause and causation.  The chicken or the egg argument.  

Personally, I think its way more team oriented than any of us give it credit for.  The teams that go the furthest every year are just that.  The best TEAMS.  I think we are too quick to say that one teams success solely lies on the shoulders of (usually) one person, and that is so far from the truth with any Super Bowl winning team. 

It might just so happen that personality types (and how well they gel together) is the secret sauce here.  So often, trying to fit square pegs into round holes with Coach/Quarterback personality types is the key factor to weather a team has success or in the case of the Patriots for many years- sustained success.  I wouldn't say that Brady and Bill were necessarily the same personality types but they certainly allowed their biggest strengths to meet in the middle.  They expected discipline and hard work and dedication from their teammates and led by example in accomplishing it. 

I think you are seeing more of a shift in how coaches are running their teams to become much more liberal in treatment of their guys and also their discipline philosophies. McDaniels, Sirianni and to a lesser degree perhaps McVey and Shannahan are all examples of this. I think Shane is a bit of straight edge and conservative, but I digress- The teams that go the furthest have a synced up identity and philosophy.  I think with Shane and Richardson, we can absolutely accomplish this.  Starts with Ballard though- making sure he is matching up these personality types for best chance of success. 

On 1/10/2024 at 7:52 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Frank's offense looked pretty solid with help from the Rivers-Sirianni combo.

It looked more vanilla, worse after that. On his own I believe Frank has an average offensive mind. And he has run out of the energy to lead.

You are Clueless regarding the Bears. Fields has turned the corner and their D is rocking.

Sirianni - we got his offensive genius on our sideline and AZ got his DC.

Guess what, him and his $250M QB are a dumpster fire. Well, terrible!

I find it amusing that a comment I made at mid-season, looking at how teams were doing at mid-season, has found such traction now that the season is over.