Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 7 8/5

2 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

If Amari Rodgers looks good and it’s a close race, I’d think it would be the better choice to go with him over Strachan.  Seems like Strachan always fizzle out in regular season games with his 3 year sample size.

I think Strachan has only been in the  program two years, not three.   

And Strachan was always a long term play  to see what he could become.   His last year of college football was wiped out by Covid.   He played zero games.   And he was coming from a small school to begin with.   He’s going to need time and opportunity.  

With this new staff I won’t be surprised if he’s cut.   But I hope the Colts can re-claim him and put on the PS.   I still think there is untapped potential there. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Strachan has only been in the  program two years, not three.   

And Strachan was always a long term play  to see what he could become.   His last year of college football was wiped out by Covid.   He played zero games.   And he was coming from a small school to begin with.   He’s going to need time and opportunity.  

With this new staff I won’t be surprised if he’s cut.   But I hope the Colts can re-claim him and out in the PS.   I still think there is untapped potential there. 

Sorry you are correct, he’s been here two years not three.  I’m not completely disregarding him at all though.  I am just looking at how crowded the room is today, and only going off of what Strachan has shown up to this point in the regular season.  I’m ok with whoever we keep in the WR room, especially with having Reggie’s input in that decision

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Bless your heart, sir.

Look….   All I meant was that there are reports and posts saying things have calmed down.   That’s good.   

In the last 3-5 days three players have publicly said the rest of the team has no problem with Taylor.  (Buckner, Franklin, Jackson).   That he’s the same guy in the locker room that he’s always been.   That’s good too. 

You made multiple posts about the fact that he’s not smiling.   I don’t know why it bothers you so?   The overall situation between Taylor and the Colts appears to be getting better and you choose to focus on the fact Taylor isn’t smiling.   I don’t see anyone else posting about it.  

The fact things appear to not be getting worse I’ll take as a small victory for all of us.   I hope you will too.   Really, that’s all I meant.    Appreciate your response.  :thmup:

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look….   All I meant was that there are reports and posts saying things have calmed down.   That’s good.   

In the last 3-5 days three players have publicly said the rest of the team has no problem with Taylor.  (Buckner, Franklin, Jackson).   That he’s the same guy in the locker room that he’s always been.   That’s good too. 

You made multiple posts about the fact that he’s not smiling.   I don’t know why it bothers you so?   The overall situation between Taylor and the Colts appears to be getting better and you choose to focus on the fact Taylor isn’t smiling.   I don’t see anyone else posting about it.  

The fact things appear to not be getting worse I’ll take as a small victory for all of us.   I hope you will too.   Really, that’s all I meant.    Appreciate your response.  :thmup:

Sir - It bothers me because I believe it (like his minor injury) is a sham.  He’s supposed to be this brilliant fellow who could have gone to Harvard, and now, he and his “handler” have him acting like a petulant child when in the public eye.  It’s all a charade.  This should be one of the most fan-enjoyable preseasons in recent memory — and, in many ways, it still is.  But, His camp has him behaving almost like a former 49’ers QB … all for pure greed.   Oh, and so he can “take care of his family.”  GMAB

Edit- I’m getting way to old for this.

57 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Sir - It bothers me because I believe it (like his minor injury) is a sham.  He’s supposed to be this brilliant fellow who could have gone to Harvard, and now, he and his “handler” have him acting like a petulant child when in the public eye.  It’s all a charade.  This should be one of the most fan-enjoyable preseasons in recent memory — and, in many ways, it still is.  But, His camp has him behaving almost like a former 49’ers QB … all for pure greed.   Oh, and so he can “take care of his family.”  GMAB

Edit- I’m getting way to old for this.

I appreciate your perspective….

If I may,  allow me to share this….

For the first 7-10 days of camp, the Taylor story dominated the news.   It even went national.   it seemed almost every new tweet or story offered new information.  It was often hard to keep track of the story it was changing so quickly. 

But in these last 3-5 days the noise has almost completely stopped.   I think that should be the new focus.   What’s the old expression?   No news is good news.   I think that holds true here.   Nothing from Irsay, Ballard, the agent or Taylor is all good.  

Hopefully, better days ahead.   And now the focus can be on AR who just had his best day!   Maybe he’ll surprise to the upside?    Hope so!    :thmup:

All this offered as food for thought…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the first 7-10 days of camp, the Taylor story dominated the news.   It even went national.   it seemed almost every new tweet or story offered new information.  It was often hard to keep track of the story it was changing so quickly. 

But in these last 3-5 days the noise has almost completely stopped.   I think that should be the new focus.   What’s the old expression?   No news is good news.   I think that holds true here.   Nothing from Irsay, Ballard, the agent or Taylor is all good.  

Hopefully, better days ahead.   And now the focus can be on AR who just had his best day!   Maybe he’ll surprise to the upside?    Hope so!    :thmup:

Perhaps Mr. Taylor was whispered to by an actual adult, or maybe Le’veon Bell.  We’ll never know.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Richardson doing good. Other positives coming from camp on the young players.  U r quickly forgotten in the NFL as it is a what have u done for me lately league. Taylor runs a high risk of being replaced and then forgotten.

54 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Richardson doing good. Other positives coming from camp on the young players.  U r quickly forgotten in the NFL as it is a what have u done for me lately league. Taylor runs a high risk of being replaced and then forgotten.

Dear God….   You seriously believe this…

In the recent ESPN poll which had Taylor 6th overall, it was noted that at just 24 years old, he’s the second youngest RB in the top-10.   Second youngest.    No one is forgetting Jonathan Taylor.   He’s going to be on some team.   JT is not going to be forgotten whether he’s a Colt or on another team.  

Goodness gracious…..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Contrast AR5's visible joy and enthusiasm with the scowl of JT... how long can this continue?

Every reporter has mentioned him dapping up and encouraging his teammates.   Just because a few pictures of him not smiling, you think he is a distraction.    Most don't

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God….   You seriously believe this…

In the recent ESPN poll which had Taylor 6th overall, it was noted that at just 24 years old, he’s the second youngest RB in the top-10.   Second youngest.    No one is forgetting Jonathan Taylor.   He’s going to be on some team.   JT is not going to be forgotten whether he’s a Colt or on another team.  

Goodness gracious…..

Okay. So lets say he holds out. Let's say Hull and the other backs go in and dont miss a best; running back by  committee approach. Do u think anyone at that point will miss Taylor if he is sitting on the bench pouting??

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Okay. So lets say he holds out. Let's say Hull and the other backs go in and dont miss a best; running back by  committee approach. Do u think anyone at that point will miss Taylor if he is sitting on the bench pouting??

What if. 
What if. 
What if. 

If the Colts decide at some point to move on from Taylor then some other team will trade for him.  They will have vested interest in getting the most out of JT.  At that point money will be less the issue, and opportunity will be the priority. 

What I don’t get is look at the discussion around the thread.  Most everyone is talking about how things have quieted down and how both sides are not fighting publicly and how good that is for all parties.  And the person who appears to be ignoring that and who continues to bang the anti-Taylor drum is you.  I just don’t understand that approach?  

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He isn't holding out

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What if. 
What if. 
What if. 

If the Colts decide at some point to move on from Taylor then some other team will trade for him.  They will have vested interest in getting the most out of JT.  At that point money will be less the issue, and opportunity will be the priority. 

What I don’t get is look at the discussion around the thread.  Most everyone is talking about how things have quieted down and how both sides are not fighting publicly and how good that is for all parties.  And the person who appears to be ignoring that and who continues to bang the anti-Taylor drum is you.  I just don’t understand that approach?  

He just left camp to rehab lol. So this is a guy who wants a new contract but has left camp to rehab on his own. 

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He just left camp to rehab lol. So this is a guy who wants a new contract but has left camp to rehab on his own. 

Since your post, the news about Kareem Hunt coming to Colts camp has gone public.  So the Colts may sign Hunt and trade Taylor.  But some team will want JT.  The only question will be how much/little the Colts can get back in any trade. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Since your post, the news about Kareem Hunt coming to Colts camp has gone public.  So the Colts may sign Hunt and trade Taylor.  But some team will want JT.  The only question will be how much/little the Colts can get back in any trade. 

Well, if he is til dealing with an injury, they won't get much. 

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well, if he is til dealing with an injury, they won't get much. 

This is true.   I’ve made multiple posts for those who want this to be over and want the Colts to trade Taylor ASAP.   At this time of year teams will get the weakest possible offer.  The Colts know this.  

But if the Colts do a deal now, that tells us they wanted all the drama surrounding Taylor to be over.