Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL 1/4 Assessment Divisions and Players

danlhart87

I am going to discuss in length division by division my thoughts on the season thus far

AFC South

The top dogs are the Titans and Colts who both should make the playoffs. I am so happy the Colts traded for Buckner he has been a HUGE difference maker. The Jaguars kicked our tails week 1 and have fallen flat since then. I am hoping the Texans keep OBrien cause that team is an absolute disaster.

AFC East

Bills are at the top of the East but NE isn't far behind. I could see NE possibly getting the last WC pending Newtons health. Dolphons will have another average 6 - 10 season. The Jets are looking like they might win 2 tops and be in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

AFC West

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Chiefs are in a class of their own this year and will be back in the hunt to repeat this year. Chargers are a young team and I have been very impressed with Herbert.  I will admit I didn't think he would do that great coming out. Raiders and Chargers are gonna fight for 2nd but I feel ultimately both end up missing the playoffs.

Broncos have been decimated with injuries that had hurt their season and will probably end up last place with top 10 pick.

AFC North 

Steelers and Ravens as usual will be fighting for the North all the way to the end. Browns have solid O I am curious about Chubbs injury and how long he could possibly be out. Bengals haven't won a lot but I still believe Joe Burrow is the real deal. It might take couple years especially building an OL but Burrow had looked good for being a rookie. 

NFC South

Buccaneers were a team I saw falling flat this year but so far they have proved me wrong. I like their D but feel they need to play a full 60 minutes. They have bad half then good half. 

I picked Saints to win South and still think they could but Brees has certainly looked worn down especially without Thomas. Panthers started bad and have now picked up solid wins  but I cant see them making the playoffs. 

Falcons were my pick originally to win the Lawrence sweepstakes that I now feel will probably go the Jets but they have had 2 very tough losses. I read somewhere that the probability of them blowing both the Cowboys and Bears game was around 1 in 999000 or something and they blew both. 

NFC East

What an absolute dumpster fire of a division. Every single team top to bottom has played like garbage this year. Its hard to say at this point who could end up winning the East as each team has very big weaknesses but i will say the winner will probably be 7 - 9 tops. 

NFC North

Packers have been rolling this year and could possibly represent the NFC. Rodgers is putting up MVP numbers and their running game has been pretty solid too. Bears have surprised me thus far but I don't expect their luck to continue.  Lions aren't too bad as they have played teams tough but will probably end up last in North again. I feel the Vikings are much better than their record shows. They have played poorly for 3 weeks before beating the Texans yesterday. They won't be able to climb out of that 0 - 3 hole and will finish 8 - 8 tops.

NFC West

The best division in the NFL I believe 3 teams could possibly end up making the playoffs this year. The Seahawks like the Packers could represent the NFC and Wilson is having an incredible season. (16/2) Rams have pulled off solid wins too and will be in the WC hunt. I like SF but feel their injuries will be too tough to overcome this year. My preseason NFC pick Cardinals are playing decent the problem is Kyler throwing picks and the D needing to play better. If they can fix those 2 they could make some noise. 

MVP Russell Wilson 

OPOY Aaron Rodgers 

DPOY DeForest Buckner 

Archived