Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Swifty Mock 3.0 W/ Comps

1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford 6'4" 234 Duh

2 Brandon Thompson DT Clemson 6'2" 314 Was at one point a top DT prospect. Has the size and ability to play both 3-4 and 4-3 NT. Not as large as you would like for a 3-4 NT, but has the ability to hold up against double teams and penetrate on passing downs.

3 Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St. 5'10" 196 A better man up corner than Zone Corner. Can be overly Physical at times. Good tackler.

4 Marvin Jones WR California 6'2" 199 Great Hands, and excellent body control. Won't blow by the defender with speed but runs precise routes and has great short area burst and footwork.

5 Audie Cole ILB NC State 6'4" 246 Tall LB. Was excellent in coverage, could translate to OLB also, due to coverage ability. Great instincts and ability to react to the play. Tackle numbers were down last season, probably due to a cast over a broken right hand

5 Hebron Fangupo DT BYU 6'1" 323 Very good awareness, strong at the point of attack and holds his ground well. Has some injury concerns and is a older than most prospects at 27.

6 Rhett Ellison TE USC 6'5" 251 Very High Character. Was a leader in the locker room. Has good size and moderate hands. Could put on some weight to help in blocking.

7 Jaymes Brooks OG Virginia Tech 6'2" 310 Is a better pass protector than Run Blocker, due to some mechanical issues. Issues are fixable and could turn out to be a Decent OG. Has a stong punch and great jump off the snap. Very hard worker and is an excellent team mate.

7 BJ Cunningham WR Michigan St 6'1" 211 Purely a possesion reciever. Runs crisp routes and has good hands. Not the most athletic player.

7 Robert Blanton CB Notre Dame 6'1" 208 Physical corner that likes to mix it up, more of a Zone player, but could be a great addition as a Nickel or Dime CB.

All Rankings are based off of CBS' ratings. Hasn't been much talk about Thompson lately, but I still think he could be a great NT in a 3-4 and would work great next to Nevis in out 4-3 sets.

Leonard Johnson at one point was considered a 2nd round prospect, so getting him in the 3rd would be excellent. I think Marvin Jones could be one of the better late round recievers in this draft.

Audie Cole would give us a versitile LB that we could move all over the place.

Fangupo, though older, has more of the prototypical NT build.

I love Ellison's game at TE and think he would be a great addition.

Brooks is an OG that needs some work on his run blocking technique, but could become a very good player.

Cunningham seems like a very safe pick in the 7th, could learn a lot from Reggie.

Blanton just feels like a guy that will make it as a Dime/Nickel player and do very well.

pretty solid for the most part. I think Thompson is a taken too early, and I don't like Cunningham. I think he had more drops than receptions in the shrine game. But other than that...good mock.

Main reasons I chose Thompson there were,

1. He has the ability to be a very versitile DL, plus he was once a 1st round prospect.

2. I don't like many of the 2nd round CBs. If Jenkins drops there I still wouldn't pick him, I think his baggage is just too much.

3. I think Fleener will be gone and I think Hill/Wright will be gone, so I don't see any other early 2nd round WRs.

For the Cunningham pick. I would prefer TJ Graham, but I think he will be gone early to mid 6th, so the only other choice, in my mind, would be Marquis Maze or Junior Hemmingway. Which I would gladly put either one of them there, I just felt Cunningham has the most upside.

Main reasons I chose Thompson there were,

1. He has the ability to be a very versitile DL, plus he was once a 1st round prospect.

2. I don't like many of the 2nd round CBs. If Jenkins drops there I still wouldn't pick him, I think his baggage is just too much.

3. I think Fleener will be gone and I think Hill/Wright will be gone, so I don't see any other early 2nd round WRs.

For the Cunningham pick. I would prefer TJ Graham, but I think he will be gone early to mid 6th, so the only other choice, in my mind, would be Marquis Maze or Junior Hemmingway. Which I would gladly put either one of them there, I just felt Cunningham has the most upside.

1.That's fine. But people drop after Pro Days and combine. Just saying that I don't see Thompson being taken til the 3rd round and neither do most mock drafts. We could still get him later, gotta go BPA though.

2. I wouldn't take Jenkins either, but what if Mark Barron is around? SS is still a need. Even guys like Hosley, Dennard, Minnifield could be around in the second. All good options to consider.

3. If Fleener was there I still wouldn't take him. Sanu or Randle would be good picks there.

I have Graham as our 7th round pick in my mock. He'd be a better option. good mock.