Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fanspeak Mocks: Just another with updated BBs

YOUR PICKS

1: R2     QB JORDAN LOVE   UTAH STATE

Was literally PBA per Steve's latest big board. If he's there, I'd pull the trigger without a second thought.

2: R2    WR CHASE CLAYPOOL  NOTRE DAME

He's rising on all the BBs. With Funch going elsewhere, and without a realistic 6-3 or more WR on the roster, this is a no brainer.

3: R3    CB JAYLON JOHNSON   UTAH

Was close to BPA and best CB available. Not the best straight line speed, but great in agility and quickness. Good boundary and press guy. Let him and Rock battle it out for CB1.

4: R4    OT ALEX TAYLOR  SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

Great traits from a small school. Huge upside potential and likely won't be there in the 4th. He was there, so grabbed him.

5: R5   TE DEVIN ASIASI   UCLA

Good detached option. Will need to be watched for his weight, but definitely a lot to like. 

6: R6   RB ANTONIO GIBSON   MEMPHIS

Has the size and speed to be developed at either WR or RB. Really interesting prospect. Doubt he's there in 6th, but I'd definitely grab him if available. 

7: R7    S  ALOHI GILMAN - NOTRE DAME

Instant special team's favorite. 

39 minutes ago, Superfly said:

Not bad!  All the food groups are represented! 

Not perfect, but plugged all the holes and was pretty close to BPA on most picks without reaching. I just really wished CB wasn't a newly created hole. If Ballard already has something in the works at CB, then great, but I just would hate to cut Desir for pure cost cutting unless it equates to either a better replacement, or some other big FA. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Not perfect, but plugged all the holes and was pretty close to BPA on most picks without reaching. I just really wished CB wasn't a newly created hole. If Ballard already has something in the works at CB, then great, but I just would hate to cut Desir for pure cost cutting unless it equates to either a better replacement, or some other big FA. 

IMO, they should’ve kept Desir and cut you know who. The 40+ million wrapped up with 2 QBs is just odd.

Really would like to see the Colts take a OT early, but with CB looking weaker, probably not a good idea. I really like Ezra Cleveland. He can play OT or G and would add solid depth to the line. 

Anyways, nice mock! 

17 minutes ago, Superfly said:

IMO, they should’ve kept Desir and cut you know who. The 40+ million wrapped up with 2 QBs is just odd.

Really would like to see the Colts take a OT early, but with CB looking weaker, probably not a good idea. I really like Ezra Cleveland. He can play OT or G and would add solid depth to the line. 

Anyways, nice mock! 

I'm with ya. 40+M is simply a huge chunk of the cap. That's 20+% on one of 25 core positions. So basically 20+% of pay going to 4% lol... Anyone that thinks it's ideal is simply bad at math....

I wanted an OT early, but with AC locked for 2 years, I'm OK with putting it off a year. I liked EC too. I liked PW as well. 

Thanks brother.

Archived