Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any update on the starting oline

GusFring

15 hours ago, akcolt said:

We know Good can't stay healthy he has shown that. Patzor isn't like Simon. He didn't start for the Falcons last year in fact he barely saw the field. The Falcons aren't changing systems and certainly aren't rebuilding. He saves them 630K which isn't much if he could even provide them with RT and G depth. When is the last time you saw the guy play? 

I'm not sure he'd upgrade the OL but I haven't seen him play since 2016. IF Ballard thinks he can make the team better and he's a fit in the locker room. He will try to get him in here. I'm just not so sure that's the case. 

I will say that Pasztor isn't going to be like a top name or anything but as Ballard has said many times he will continue to try and bring guys in that he sees as being helpful to our team. I can't speak for Ballard but I would say bringing in Pasztor to me seems like a smart play. He did pretty weel his last two years in Jax for the most part and did not do bad while in Cleveland either. Again, I am not saying he is the top RT but on a roster that has issues at t he RT spot, I would at least bring him in. Haeg is a guy I have spoken for many times on this forum and still think he can be just fine at RT but if there is a guy that could come in and potentially be better I would not hesitate. I can say this with a few FA's right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I will say that Pasztor isn't going to be like a top name or anything but as Ballard has said many times he will continue to try and bring guys in that he sees as being helpful to our team. I can't speak for Ballard but I would say bringing in Pasztor to me seems like a smart play. He did pretty weel his last two years in Jax for the most part and did not do bad while in Cleveland either. Again, I am not saying he is the top RT but on a roster that has issues at t he RT spot, I would at least bring him in. Haeg is a guy I have spoken for many times on this forum and still think he can be just fine at RT but if there is a guy that could come in and potentially be better I would not hesitate. I can say this with a few FA's right now.

Ballard brought in Howard and Webb in an effort to fix the RT spot.  He obviously wasn't happy with what he had on the roster.  Pasztor would be another attempt to improve that position.  I would definitely bring him in.  Maybe he gets his guy this time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard brought in Howard and Webb in an effort to fix the RT spot.  He obviously wasn't happy with what he had on the roster.  Pasztor would be another attempt to improve that position.  I would definitely bring him in.  Maybe he gets his guy this time. 

3rd times a charm right?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This is really my point. The constant striving to improve the team overall, and the OL in particular, just seems to flow naturally to this conclusion: that the current OL is not optimum, and that specific attention to the right side of the OL is needed.

I'm excited to see Joe Haeg and J'Marcus Webb, and even Braden Smith improve over the year. But IF Austin Pasztor - or another player that anyone cares to mention - can improve the team, let's bring him on! I know, from the mixed comments concerning his performance, that others may be skeptical. But it's worth the effort, especially when players like Bond can't even show up on game day!

Just sayin'...