Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard to be on 1070 with DAKICH @ 1pm EST/ Right Now (Merge)

csmopar

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't think so because it puts Ballard on the spot about his bosses words and actions not necessary his own. The one who needs drilling is Irsay and Irsay won't he just has guys like Ballard take the heat. He's the owner he can do what he wants. Those questions were unfair to Ballard but life isn't fair. But Ballard can't control what Irsay says and then has to find a way to defend it. 

Here's the thing, the questions were more than fair.  Does Irsay need to explain his choice of words on Luck to fans? I don't know but he should.  That said, Ballard, as GM, is the face of the franchise front office.  Therefore, he stands as the go between, the questions were fair.  I guarantee you behind closed doors, Ballard, Irsay and Luck have met to discuss this stuff, Ballard even said so.  Where I fault Ballard is getting out in front of this media crap.  He waited until mid-season to address these rumors and had he done so sooner, I think the rumors would have died down somewhat and the fan base wouldn't be as upset.  I am not among those that feel that the Colts have lied to sell tickets but I do think they fumbled the handling of the situation in the main stream media. Ballard takes a hit in that as well as Irsay.  And if you've noticed, Jim Irsay has been unusually quiet since the start of the season and those last remarks about Luck.  I think a "come to Jesus meeting" happened and Irsay was made to understand he needs to stay off twitter. 

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

Here's the thing, the questions were more than fair.  Does Irsay need to explain his choice of words on Luck to fans? I don't know but he should.  That said, Ballard, as GM, is the face of the franchise front office.  Therefore, he stands as the go between, the questions were fair.  I guarantee you behind closed doors, Ballard, Irsay and Luck have met to discuss this stuff, Ballard even said so.  Where I fault Ballard is getting out in front of this media crap.  He waited until mid-season to address these rumors and had he done so sooner, I think the rumors would have died down somewhat and the fan base wouldn't be as upset.  I am not among those that feel that the Colts have lied to sell tickets but I do think they fumbled the handling of the situation in the main stream media. Ballard takes a hit in that as well as Irsay.  And if you've noticed, Jim Irsay has been unusually quiet since the start of the season and those last remarks about Luck.  I think a "come to Jesus meeting" happened and Irsay was made to understand he needs to stay off twitter. 

I don't think Ballard made him stay off twitter. He must have made that decision on his own. I do think when Irsay made those comments about Luck it was just wishful thinking. But I bet now he wishes had not made those comments which is why he's been so silent now.