Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft/free Agency Targets?

Like the possibility of bringing in OG Ben Grubbs and SS Tom Zbikowski. I would rather have NT Paul Soliai over Garay though since Soliai is better and younger. For the draft, I would like to see us try and get at WR since this class is very good this year. Someone like Alshon Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Mohamed Sanu come to mind for our 2nd round pick. Or we could go C and draft Peter Konz since Saturday is most likely retiring and Im not sure Pollak is the answer until proven otherwise. Other guys I really want us to target in the draft include…CB/KR Jayron Hosley, DT/E Jared Crick, and TE Coby Fleener but not with 34th pick.

I would like to see us see if a great player falls into our laps with the 34th pick, if not I would like a trade down or trade the pick for a 2013 1st.

Like the possibility of bringing in OG Ben Grubbs and SS Tom Zbikowski. I would rather have NT Paul Soliai over Garay though since Soliai is better and younger. For the draft, I would like to see us try and get at WR since this class is very good this year. Someone like Alshon Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Mohamed Sanu come to mind for our 2nd round pick. Or we could go C and draft Peter Konz since Saturday is most likely retiring and Im not sure Pollak is the answer until proven otherwise. Other guys I really want us to target in the draft include…CB/KR Jayron Hosley, DT/E Jared Crick, and TE Coby Fleener but not with 34th pick.

I would like to see us see if a great player falls into our laps with the 34th pick, if not I would like a trade down or trade the pick for a 2013 1st.

I agree! I don't see the Colts being 12-4 and going into the playoffs next year. Maybe 6-10. So if we Trade our 2nd Rd this year for a 1st Rd in 2013 we would have two Very high draft picks next year. Depending on who we would trade with, we could have pick #5 and #11. That is where we can get the type of game changing personnel to build the TEAM.

I think y'all should give a look to Joe Mays also. The kid was a beast in our 3-4 defense, but when we switched to a 4-3 he was out of place. He isn't likely to resign here and it looks like we will give the keys to Nate Irving, but for a 3-4 team they are going to get a huge steal. He would be a great fit at "TED" backer.

The best FA’s for Indy out there (in my opinion):

Carl Nicks OG

Brandon Carr CB

Tyvon Branch S

Jermichael Finley TE

Calais Campbell DE/DT

I haven’t put too much emphasis on salary and chance that they are available, just who is the best for Indy.

Just to get one of these would be extremely good!

If I was you, I wouldn't touch Landry with a 10 foot pole. He will be a 6 million dollar bust this free agency.

Edit: and that's at the least

No, i think he will be cheap. He has been out for 2 years with injury's, hes stock is way down. Easily could be signed on a ernie simms type contract.

The best FA’s for Indy out there (in my opinion):

Carl Nicks OG

Brandon Carr CB

Tyvon Branch S

Jermichael Finley TE

Calais Campbell DE/DT

I haven’t put too much emphasis on salary and chance that they are available, just who is the best for Indy.

Just to get one of these would be extremely good!

All expensive minus Branch all will be resigned by their teams. Think these..

Jake Scott or Ben Grubbs G

Aubrayo Franklin or Brandon McKinney NT

Draft a CB it's deep this year

3-4 DE Corry Redding or Red Bryant