Irsay Says If Peyton Wants To Play Here Next Year, Then That's What Will Happen

coltsblue1844

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this was in regard to make it easy fopr other teams in free agency not to wory

Peyton Manning is willing to structure his contract in a way that could expedite how quickly he is signed if or when the Indianapolis Colts release him.

Manning is willing to structure his contract in a way that could expedite how quickly he is signed if or when the Indianapolis Colts release him.

Manning is completely open to creating a contract in which he would be paid little or no guaranteed money up front and he would have to earn every cent he makes strictly through performance, according to sources.

Manning's doctors have medically cleared him to be able to resume his football career after three surgeries, including a neck-fusion procedure. Colts owner Jim Irsay, however, said Thursday night on Twitter that Manning hasn't been medically cleared to play by Colts doctors.

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=nfl

Of course he did. How could folks here ever think his concern is money. He declined being the highest paid over Brady so the Colts could pay others. Now is it any surprise he'd take even less?

These guys (manning and irsay) will work it out. I just hope soon so I don't have to read hater-logic anymore.

here are some examples of the hater-logic...

Another team:

If I say Alex Smith didn't lose the 49ers game (in the Peyton to niners thread), so why should Peyton go there, the haters say "he was inaccurate in the last drive"...well according to the same hater logic, Peyton will be even more inaccurate considering he can't even hold a football.

Cap:

Keep making these elaborate cap posts...because its a fact that EVERY player that becomes a FA is going to be resigned?....As soon as a Mathis or a Wayne or any one of the FAs we'll have LEAVE, your math goes out the window...All your equations are based on resigning everyone on the team except Peyton and then figuring the cap based on a roster signing bonus on 3/8. THATS INSANE.

Not healthy enough for the Colts doctors:

Guys, team doctors can spin anything the way FO wants them to spin. Its like a court of law. You lay out the evidence and a bunch of "hired experts" testify and spin the evidence in their favor. Again, healthy enough for another team, healthy enough for the Colts.

No one wants a 90% Peyton:

No one can read a D like Peyton. Brady (as we saw last night doesn't have a rocket arm..he underthrew Gronk for a gamer winner) but he is smart and can pick you apart all day underneath. I'd rather have a guy who can audible and pick you a part then someone who will force turnovers for 1-3 years while they learn.

Personally I'm just going to sit back and wait because I don't know what to believe anymore. I would love to see Peyton and Luck both with horseshoes on their heads. I also want Mathis & Wayne back. Besides that I also want to draft Blackmon, Kalil and Claiborne...but even a big dummy like me knows we can't have it all. Lets just wait and see.

Over the weekend, it was reported Peyton would agree to be flexible with contract demands with a new team,

Peyton now refutes this This now being laughed at by peyton

Look at bottom where Peyton Laughed at this

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120207/SPORTS03/202070329/For-Pey...

Manning laughed.

"I've always wanted to meet 'sources,' " he said. " 'Source' and 'they' seem to know an awful lot, but they aren't always accurate. I haven't had many discussions with Tom (Condon, his agent). I told Tom all I want to do is continue to rehab."

Over the weekend, it was reported Peyton would agree to be flexible with contract demands with a new team,

Peyton now refutes this This now being laughed at by peyton

Look at bottom where Peyton Laughed at this

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120207/SPORTS03/202070329/For-Pey...

Manning laughed.

"I've always wanted to meet 'sources,' " he said. " 'Source' and 'they' seem to know an awful lot, but they aren't always accurate. I haven't had many discussions with Tom (Condon, his agent). I told Tom all I want to do is continue to rehab."

I don't interpret what PM said in the quotes as either a refutation or a confirmation of the accuracy of Schefter's report.

If PM meant to refute it, he should have said....This is inaccurate, I am not willing to blah blah blah. But he didn't. He said, "....but they aren't always accurate..." It is like saying water is wet.