Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis and Wayne next Offseason

BProland85

Are we really going to be able to afford both of these guys next year, not to mention Garcon, a young talented WR?

I still say if Hughes starts to show promise this year, especially with the signing of Jamaal Anderson, Mathis could be expendable and could bring us a 2nd round pick.

I would love to try and at least get something back for him instead of letting him walk in FA next year. Besides if Hughes does come on which I believe he will if the Colts actually use him, then we dont need all these DEs.

Im not saying we do this now, but maybe just before the trade deadline to a team needing a good pass rusher and willing to deal a 2nd for him. Hughes should be ready by that time to split time with Jamaal Anderson at DE opposite Freeney.

The Colts organization has already started thinking about this. That's why Hayden got cut. He freed up cap room for the upcoming season. I believe Mathis is more important than Wayne if I absolutely had to choose between the two, but I definitely think we will resign them. That just means everyone will be mad at the Colts for not dipping into free agency again next year lol

The Colts organization has already started thinking about this. That's why Hayden got cut. He freed up cap room for the upcoming season. I believe Mathis is more important than Wayne if I absolutely had to choose between the two, but I definitely think we will resign them. That just means everyone will be mad at the Colts for not dipping into free agency again next year lol

See I disagree. Until the Colts spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a young talented WR, we desperately need Wayne since the other WRs are coming off of injuries. We have good depth at DE with young talent there in Hughes and Anderson.

We will take the ends before we would sign Garcon again. He is good, but only because he has been brought up in this organization. Probably wouldnt have developed anywhere else. Maybe we could trade him for some high draft picks though. Sorry if this makes anyone mad. Wayne isnt going anywhere. He is a colt and Peyton wont let it happen. He is loyal to his talented WR. He knows he isnt Peyton without them, and Vise Versa.

That is what makes this team so special. Respect!!

i let wayne walk. he will be 34 next year and you can't tie up big money in a old receiver. i would sign mathis. with the salary cap being lowered, you aren't seeing the stupid money being thrown around like the last couple years. i think the colts could keep mathis for a reasonable price. there may not be much of a market for wayne, and the colts could get him very cheap. i don't think wayne would be that good without manning, and everyone knows mathis disapears without freeney on the field.