Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Do I Do With My Peyton/wayne/superbowl Auto's?

Portage Coltfans

nice! I wasn't really wanting to get rid of my stuff. I was more stating i'm a believe in the rules of jersey wearing and I was wanting to compare Peyton leaving to Pujols/Favre and the impact it had on the fans.

Yeah I hear ya, I think it's all a matter of how the player approaches things. Examples of Favre and Lebron James are definitely NOT how to take things, however they did what they want to do, regardless of public opinion. If we were millionaires we might do the same lol. If Lebron would've simply left Cleveland, people would be mad of course but his whole ESPN taking his talents to south beach comments really made many Cleveland fans hate him.

I think with Peyton, you will be more than fine wearing his jerseys forever. If he goes to another team, he will do it respectively. I personally think if he's healthy he will be a Colt, if not he will retire, just IMO.

Doesn't a win feel even sweeter if it comes against the best. I know we beat the Bears to win the superbowl, but the real superbowl was the Pats AFC champ game. Wow that was a great game! We beat a lot of good teams to get there. I guess I get scared that the NFL will become like those other sports.

Although, I'm not sure being a FA in football and switching teams isn't as easy compared to the other sports. I wish we had a stat comparing how FA do in each sport after they switch systems/teams. I bet football is a lot less.

The AFC Champ victory over the Pats might have been my favorite football moment of all time. I'm not ashamed to say that with that final interception I found myself on my knees in front of the TV, literally crying with joy. All that pent up emotion, all those years of frustration. Polian listed it as his highlight in a post-firing interview as well. The Super Bowl was just the pedestrian post-game celebration to the champ game. Yes, that was perfect (but there would be no joy in beating Peyton, even if he is the best).

I wouldn't worry about football becoming like basketball or baseball unless they change the rules drastically - plus it's the ultimate team game. It takes more than one big star to make a difference - and the franchise tag usually stops the franchise QBs from leaving anyway. As I said, it's a terrific system.

At one time I had 50k + worth of Manning Football cards in my collection. The last 1.5 years I have been unloading them and now only have around 2-3k left of Manning. What really sucks is that with the economy so bad I was often selling the cards for 20-30% off what I paid for them. I am glad that I started moving them when I did, as I have no idea what they will be worth based on the way Manning is ending is Career. I still have Clark, Addai, Wayne Freeney, Harrison, James, Faulk, that I need to work on moving too. Anyone still collect? ;)

I still have a lot of memorbilia though, the biggest being my RCA dome club seats that I have set up in the basement.