Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eerily Similarities Of The Manning Era Changes

jwilli69

Do you find it oddly similar that the year Manning had arrived, we had a team that scrapped and won with a Jim Harbaugh but was found to over achieve? Things I see as similar:

1. Had drafted a couple bookends in Tarik Glenn and adam Meadows ( Costanza and Ijalana)

2. Had a young up and coming WR in Harrison (Garcon)

3. Had one exceptional RB in Faulk who was better at wr and blocking and in the open field than up the gut RB and Warren (Addai-even though he is not close to Faulks level; the Donald)

4. Had a really good TE in Ken Dilger and Pollard ( Dallas and Tamme)

5. Solid MLB in Herrod (Angerer)

6. DT with Ellis Johnson and Mccoy (nevis and AJ???)

7 CB's in ???? names(Powers and ???)

8. Safety Jason Belser (Bethea)

9. Punter and Kicker Gardoki and Blanchard (Vinny and Mcafee)

10. Old good player at Center Leewenburg (Saturday)

What I see on that team is a bunch of decent guys on the oline with 2 solid guys, same as us now, One budding star in the WR group, same as us now, 2 TE's that are almost identical to what we have now, Faulk which was special. On defense, you had a better group of Lb's then but Angerer is the upside on this team now, A couple DE's that were MEH then and wow now, DT's that I see as even, CB's still blow on a whole, 1 solid safety 2 above avg K/P both era's.

Of course we all know what made this team different was Manning. I am going on the premise that Manning is not coming back and we have Luck coming in to be the next greatest thing. All we need is an Edge and a Saturday from this draft and next years draft combined with what we have now and we become the secome generation dominate Colts. I ahe not really looked at the groups of people who were here just before Manning and now to feel comfortable saying this but if Manning does retire, and Luck is what they feel like he says he can become, I see no reason why this team can't reload and rock it out again and compete at a high level in 2 years or less.