Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+6.5) @ Pittsburgh (12-20-15)

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Kubiak is a problem, I agree. I was never high on him when he was with the Texans either. Also even with Peyton I doubt they win today in Pittsburgh and it's not like the Broncos got blown out either, wasn't a totally bad showing. Steelers are hot right now on offense and going to be a load for any team. For a large part of the season it was/is the Broncos DEFENSE that has been carrying this team most of the way like you said. For Manning and Brock.......the D has been what I often felt held this Denver team together as the core this season. And I find it interesting that in two road games vs. good QBs (Ben and Luck when he was healthier) they got lit up a bit at times. I think the Broncos are going to need homefield and their chances are getting real slim at that now.

Brock is going to make mistakes......he is new at this. His potential is still there big time though.

Also the Broncos drop A LOT of passes this year, with Brock or Manning. Sometimes I just think those guys cant catch a cold.

The real story of yesterday's game was how awful the Denver D was in the second half. Brock put up an amazing first half which should have been enough for the win but Pitt's halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball were better than Denver's. That is why I lay more of the blame on coaching. That being said, the drops were a killer. Especially DTs crucial third down when he saw the safety coming and took his eyes off the ball. That is two straight weeks where drops have hurt the Broncos late in the game.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, amfootball said:

No. What I said was Kubiak is a mediocre head coach. This team has been carried by its defense all season.

The sentiments here have been all over the place. When Peyton was struggling, all anyone did was blame Kubiak and his offense that did not fit Manning. And I agreed with those thoughts. But now that he has been on the sideline, you believe when he comes back running Kubiak's offense things will be different? They will be worse as the Denver defense is not nearly as dominant as it was earlier in the season.

I don't know about this. Denver still has the top ranked D, or 2nd best. I didn't get the watch the entire game, but they obviously didn't make the necessary adjustments for the second half. Still, they're the top/2nd D in the league.