Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unbreakable

Detectacon

Here is a good read on some NFL records that are believed to be unbreakable. It is hard for me to pick the one I feel will stand the longest. 

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-10-most-unbreakable-records-in-league-history.html/?a=viewall

I have taken the liberty to finish the article since it did not give enough information to show who has the closest shot. 

Most Career Receiving Yards - Active leader is Steve Smith at 13, 932. He would ONLY need about six more 1500 yard seasons to take it....at 36 years old. 

Most Career Receiving TD's - Active leader is Antonio Gates at 184. Only 119 to go!

Most Career Receptions - Active leader is our very own, Andre Johnson at 1,037. He is 2/3 of the way there!

Most Career TD Passes - Both Tom Brady and Brees are a little over 100 shy of Manning. Even if they managed to throw enough to get themselves 100 shy of tying this season they would need to average 50/season for the next two seasons. That is without Manning never throwing another one. I think Brees has the best shot given that he is three years younger than Manning as opposed to Brady being one year younger. 

Most Career Wins by a Coach - Active leader is "The Hoodie" at 221 wins. For comparison sake I have done the math (Let us hope my public school education has not failed me).

The hoodie has been a HC for 19 seasons, 14 shy of Shula's 33 years. If he coached 14 more seasons he would be 77 years old. Shula was 66 when he called it quits. 

The fastest*** that he could tie Shula is in 5th game of the 2022 season. *** That is if he were to go undefeated the remainder of this season and every season until he got the tie (not including playoff wins).