Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie RB's / Ameer Abdullah to possibly start

Bravo

There is a lot of hype surrounding him in Detroit. Bleacher Report gives their opinion on it.

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2503254-buying-or-selling-the-hype-is-ameer-abdullah-ready-for-2015-breakout

Since the draft he was my #2 running back behind Melvin Gordon.

I believe the hype. He was available for the Colts to grab him in round 2 and I think round 3. I can't remember but he was one of my favorite players coming out of the draft. When Detroit drafted him I was sure to tell everyone that he is going to become a stud running back in the NFL! The colts passed unfortunately.

They are saying he may start in Detroit or at

least have a big role. I'm looking for him to breakout more than any other running back. I'm guessing 900 yards 8 rushing TD, 350 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD.

What rookie running back do you think will break out this year!? Which will have the best season and help their team the most? Rookie of the year consideration for him?

There is a lot of hype surrounding him in Detroit. Bleacher Report gives their opinion on it.

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2503254-buying-or-selling-the-hype-is-ameer-abdullah-ready-for-2015-breakout

Since the draft he was my #2 running back behind Melvin Gordon.

I believe the hype. He was available for the Colts to grab him in round 2 and I think round 3. I can't remember but he was one of my favorite players coming out of the draft. When Detroit drafted him I was sure to tell everyone that he is going to become a stud running back in the NFL! The colts passed unfortunately.

They are saying he may start in Detroit or at

least have a big role. I'm looking for him to breakout more than any other running back. I'm guessing 900 yards 8 rushing TD, 350 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD.

What rookie running back do you think will break out this year!? Which will have the best season and help their team the most? Rookie of the year consideration for him?

I think you're confusing AA with somebody else.....

Abdullah was drafted in the 2nd round, 54th overall.      The Colts 2nd round pick was 61st, which they then traded back to the top of the 3rd round where we took DJ Smith.

So, the only round the Colts could've taken AA in was the first,  or they could've taken him in the 2nd had the Colts traded back out of the first.     But we only had one bite at the apple....

By the way,  I agree,  he's a terrific player, and reportedly an even better person.    One scout said AA had the highest character rating he had ever given out.    Ever.     Pretty impressive.

I think you're confusing AA with somebody else.....

Abdullah was drafted in the 2nd round, 54th overall. The Colts 2nd round pick was 61st, which they then traded back to the top of the 3rd round where we took DJ Smith.

So, the only round the Colts could've taken AA in was the first, or they could've taken him in the 2nd had the Colts traded back out of the first. But we only had one bite at the apple....

By the way, I agree, he's a terrific player, and reportedly an even better person. One scout said AA had the highest character rating he had ever given out. Ever. Pretty impressive.

Yeah I must have been. Maybe hoping the Colts would have grabbed him in the second....

Yeah I must have been. Maybe hoping the Colts would have grabbed him in the second....

Thank God they didn't!!! Nothing against Abdullah, but if we would have drafted a RB after Dorsett there would have been some very upset Colt fans including myself. And I don't care about any draft board positioning we needed defense!

Thank God they didn't!!! Nothing against Abdullah, but if we would have drafted a RB after Dorsett there would have been some very upset Colt fans including myself. And I don't care about any draft board positioning we needed defense!

I agree! haha this forum and social media would have blown up. I would have also most likely. Atleast RB would have been somewhat of a need! I'm happy with the draft the Colts had this year though!