Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Years Draft class is going to be phenomenal.

Almost every projected 1st round pick was a 5 star high school recruit. I haven't seen that in the last 8 years I've been following high school recruiting. That means next years draft will have guys who have been productive on the field and in top competition since they were 15 years old.

Here the 2013 Recruiting class

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals100/2013

Check out any Mock draft for next year and almost everybody is there from this class. Next year's draft will be special, especially for the defense hungry teams.

I think you're connecting dots about 8-10 months too soon.

Lists that are made in May rarely look like that the following spring when the draft draws close.

I think it's way, way too soon to get this excited about what might be.      Because the odds are,  it might not be.

I'm talking about players who can be Elite. Like Adrian Peterson. There a lot of hometown heroes here. Some from my area were Tryon smith who was a top 20 recruit out of high school. Players who were 5 star rivals and went in the first round are usually a success about 75 percent of the time. And the best players, Altough, JJ watt may have only been a 2 star recruit, Luck I think was a 3 star, so it's not written in stone, but I think there are too many elite high school former high school legends turned elite college players in this class coming up to expect nothing but greatness from many of them.

I'm talking about players who can be Elite. Like Adrian Peterson. There a lot of hometown heroes here. Some from my area were Tryon smith who was a top 20 recruit out of high school. Players who were 5 star rivals and went in the first round are usually a success about 75 percent of the time. And the best players, Altough, JJ watt may have only been a 2 star recruit, Luck I think was a 3 star, so it's not written in stone, but I think there are too many elite high school former high school legends turned elite college players in this class coming up to expect nothing but greatness from many of them.

Luck was a 5-star recruit.

One of the top QB's in the senior class.

Luck was a 5-star recruit.

One of the top QB's in the senior class.

Second part is true but not the first. He was a top 100 kid but not a five star.

I knew he'd be great after that Oregon shootout in '09. Gearhart ran all over us, but Luck made some absolutely elite throws. A lot of them.

Second part is true but not the first. He was a top 100 kid but not a five star.

I knew he'd be great after that Oregon shootout in '09. Gearhart ran all over us, but Luck made some absolutely elite throws. A lot of them.

Luck was 4-stars on Rivals....

But he was 5-stars on Scout.

Hopefully this link works for you....

http://stanford.scout.com/topic/players?type=players&category=Football%20Recruiting&classYear=2008&team=Stanford&minimumInterest=SoftVerbal&sortBy=CommitDate&start=null

We've both agreed already that Scout has the worst rankings.  And you know it's lol to have 50 5* kids. . .

We've both agreed already that Scout has the worst rankings.  And you know it's lol to have 50 5* kids. . .

No.     We haven't already agreed on that.     We agreed that ESPN has the worst rankings and always has.

And even THAT isn't the point.

The point was, I called Luck a 5-star recruit and he WAS.

The fact that you don't like the rating service that did the ranking is your issue,  not mine.

For the record,  Luck was the highest 4-star recruit possible on Rivals.   He had a 6.0 grade,  6.1 would've made him a 5-star.

So, Scout appears to have been more right than other services on Luck.

No. We haven't already agreed on that. We agreed that ESPN has the worst rankings and always has.

The fact that you don't like the rating service that did the ranking is your issue, not mine.

For the record, Luck was the highest 4-star recruit possible on Rivals. He had a 6.0 grade, 6.1 would've made him a 5-star.

He was number 68 and they typically have 30 or so five stars. If you look at it in the composite sense he was nowhere near a five *

No. We haven't already agreed on that. We agreed that ESPN has the worst rankings and always has.

The fact that you don't like the rating service that did the ranking is your issue, not mine.

For the record, Luck was the highest 4-star recruit possible on Rivals. He had a 6.0 grade, 6.1 would've made him a 5-star.

He was number 68 on Rivals and they typically have 30 or so five stars. If you look at it in the composite sense he was nowhere near a five *

The point is that these draft prospects are proven and, and most projected as 1st probably will stay there. The internet has proven a great tool for scouting, and in 2017, the draft will be CRAWLING with gigantic 6-6, 6-7 Offensive guards and tackles. And next year, the guys are gonna be more pro ready probably than any other class.

The DE's are gonna have productions matching the WR or last year's draft, I'm talking Sacks Sacks Sacks. That what I see, I will be heavily covering scouting on this board this year Like I did in 2012 and 2013. Of which, I was only really wrong about Alshon Jeffreys being Terrible.

• 2 weeks later...