Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego Stadium Proposal for Chargers

pacolts56

I hope San Diego keeps them there....we'll see what happens.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/may/18/chargers-stadium-financing-plan-announced/

I also agree with your views, pacolts56! What caught my eye in this piece was the last paragraph. The Chargers, city & county officials want to be able to put this to a public vote, even though one may not be required. Speaking from experience with this kind of proposal to fans of a certain city, the vote was passed and kept the team in it's original city of origin. However, the public ended up paying for virtually the entire amount, while a certain owner that shall remain unnamed, reaped and raked in large amounts of capital with a very, very low amount of risk. A complete travesty IMO. Hopefully, that does not happen to the people and fans of San Diego. The Chargers should remain there if at all possible. After all, they were one of the pioneers of the old AFL teams that eventually merged into our now AFC/NFC National Football League. They deserve to be recognized and rewarded if only for that, IMO.

I too hope S.D. gets a new stadium. They deserve one, and the old Qualcomm is in terrible shape. The only problem I see if you want to call it a problem is if S.D. gets their stadium, the new stadium in LA is going to get the Raiders. The Chargers were the other team, and it is designed as a two team stadium, so does St. Louis lose their team and go back to their original home. I know Kronke wants to go back to LA. St. Louis has a new stadium proposal out to keep the Rams, but financing it and when it would be done is a different story. We shall see.