Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TG Mock - Final Edition

1-29  Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon - Grigson recently said regarding our tackle situation “We really like Gos, but we have to see how he comes back." If there is reason to think he won't come back 100%, we're probably going to be in the market for a tackle. Reitz has been injury prone and Ulrick John's role at most should probably be as a swing reserve. Fisher is very athletic, and having him would allow us to use a bit more zone in the mix of our blocking scheme. If he's still on the board at 29, I believe we could take Fisher as a long term solution at right tackle. He does have one weakness if he starts immediately and that is that still needs to get a bit bigger and stronger. He's a good prospect though. 

2-61  Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - I believe the lengthy defensive end is going to be good at the next level. Exactly like Fisher, he is a super athletic guy who is just over 6' 6" but could stand to get bigger and stronger (and I think both have the frame to do so). He's an ideal fit as a 3-4 DE and he'd be an immediate rotational D-lineman on our team. Sometimes talked about as a 3rd or 4th round prospect, others (including myself) are much higher on him. In fact, I believe I read that Josh Norris ranked him as the 11th best prospect in the draft. I'd be surprised if he went anywhere near that high, but as a late 2nd rounder he makes sense for this team.

3-93  Anthony Harris, FS, Virginia - Harris is a guy who I think could come in and immediately compete for a starting spot, which is always a bonus out of a 3rd round pick. His weakness is his extra slim frame, but his ball skills and high production in college are reasons to take a chance on him. He has respectable but unspectacular athleticism. 

4-128  Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis - I'm a big fan of his athletic ability. He's not a big guy, but he's really agile and can be extremely disruptive: 11 interceptions over his last 22 starts in college. He looks to be best suited as a slot corner, and could even become a great one. He's already met with the Colts.

5-165  Derrick Lott, DT, Tennessee Chattanooga - Lott is an older prospect, he'll be 25 as a rookie. He played against a lower level competition at Chattanooga, however his measurables are really good. He's strong and he's fast for his size. Depth on the D-line should be addressed.

6-205  Akeem Hunt, RB, Purdue - A smaller, extremely fast running back who can catch well. Troy Pauline made the comparison to Darren Sproles, and I believe that's kind of his play style at the next level. Would be a good complimentary piece or back up. 

6-207  Tray Walker, CB, Texas Southern - A lengthy, long armed cornerback with pretty good speed. A bit of a project, but he has many of the tools to become a guy who covers the 6'3" - 6'5" outside receivers in this league well (he's 6' 2.25" with 33 5/8" arms). Pagano seems to do a good job developing cornerbacks, so maybe it's worth a shot. 

7-244  Connor Halliday, QB, Washington St. - Maybe a potential second string QB after this year? A developmental QB wouldn't be the worst thing to take a chance on in the later rounds, as Hasselbeck may well be in his final year in 2015. 

7-255  Mike Orakpo, OLB, Texas St. - A developmental edge rusher with "freak" athleticism. He's got a significant injury history which is why he will likely go undrafted or picked around this spot, at best. His brother is Brian Orakpo.

I really like this. I do love Jake Fisher, but not completely sold on him at 29. The only way I could see us taking him at 29 is if Collins, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings, and Humphries are all gone (Even though I have Fisher rated over Flowers, I couldn't see Grigs passing on Flowers for another OT) And in that case (all the OT's gone) I'd guess that there was probably a DL or other player falling.

I like Anderson, Harris and Lott. And I congratulate you for putting the real value on Lott and McClain. Great Mock, I really really would like this, good work.

Not bad I like the draft overall. I would rather have a different tackle in the first with Humphries, Collins, or Clemmings. Really any of the OTs besides Flowers. Really like the Lott pick in the 5th where is most likely going to go. I also like the mention of Akeem Hunt I think he would be a great late round RB to compliment the RBs we already have on the roster. All in all good job and nice use of value in making a realistic mock.