Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GOOD NEWS-Colts Sign 2011 Fourth-Round Pick Delone Carter, RB

coltsuser21

Colts Sign 2011 Fourth-Round Pick Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

According to the always under-appreciated Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star, the Colts have agreed to terms with 2011 fourth-round draft pick Delone Carter out of Syracuse. Carter is a big, big, BIG runningback who Indy hopes will assist them in their well-documented goal-line and short-yardage woes.

NFP's Wes Bunting wrote this about Carter the day Indy selected him:

#Colts get a nasty downhill back in Delone Carter...he runs low, good vision/feel inside...can carry load #NFLDRAFT

Back in May, Carter was a guest on 1070 The Fan's 'Grady and Big Joe' show in Indianapolis. When asked how he felt about the prospect of taking hand-offs from a certain Peyton Manning, Carter was pretty clear on how feelings regarding that:

'It's an honor to be playing with [Peyton Manning].'

this is the link from stampede blue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Did you all take notice to all the different Swiss-army knife type of guys they drafted and/or signed this year? I was writing in the RB's thread and thought this could use its own thread to discuss.   Is this a radical change in philosophy by Ballard and Dodds?   Is this Shane Steichen's imprinting himself on the roster? Starting with Downs last year and Gould this year as they are not a prototypical CB type of WR   Is this simply a one-off because all 25 starters are under contract from last year?   Is this pure dumb luck to pick up these types of players?   Drafted Bortolini - Started and played at all but LT in his college career Gonclaves - Started at both LT and RT in his career Simpson - Started at both CB and FS at Auburn and played well at both Abraham - Started at FS in college and then CB while at Marshall and played well at both - reverse of Simpson (and definitely not a prototypical CB defensive back in terms of measurables but is essentially the same build as Moore without the super long arms) Carlies - Started at CB, then hybrid SS/LB and now LB for us - offers 3rd down coverage abilities     UDFA Tucker - Started and played both RT/RG at Marshall Slovis - Started in three different offensive systems in college at USC/Pitt/BYU - that does help his cause IMHO - Plus at USC played with NFL caliber talent around him and was amazing Pennix - Started at RB, played HB/FB and TE lining up all over the field (for my fellow ND fans just think how they utilized Tommy Tremble - who is woefully underused in Carolina) Bean - Started at QB and did well at KU last year but now listed as a combo QB/WR because of his running abilities - interesting though as a third QB while rostered as a WR - doubt it happens but does expand the trick play ability as well as having a rostered QB without taking up the 3rd spot on the 53???? Again, one can dream but he'd have to show out to even crack the top 6 WR slots. White - Started his career in college as a RB and converted to WR - his RAC is superb Young - Started at S with OSU and then converted to LB at KU - offers 3rd down coverage abilities like Carlies   Thoughts?   Any other outliers I may have missed?
    • This is an interesting topic to discuss and there are and likely will still be many opinions, so what the &%$# I'll offer my opinion as well! LOL   Locks Jonathan Taylor: Clear number one and paid like a franchise back Evan Hull: Drafted by CB/SS to operate as a third down/pass catching back   The case for the rest Trey Sermon: Has the build and play strength to be a durable lead back which makes him the default backup to JT as the lead back. Earned another long look as he performed well when called upon last year AND has a bit of a leg up because he was also with SS in Philly for a year. Familiarity counts sometimes.   Tyler Goodson: As a change-of-pace scat back I guess he could add a different dimension to the backfield and as a return man. I wonder if he adds more value than Pennix (mentioned later).    Zavier Scott: Converted WR from Maine. I am sure they see something in him to sign him and then convert him, perhaps another year on the PS will complete that transition but I don't see him supplanting Sermon or Hull UNLESS they are strictly looking for a special team's guy as a backup?   Trent Pennix: This year's UDFA that was a versatile RB, HB and TE in college and for my fellow Notre Dame fans think how they used Tommy Tremble as a Swiss army knife guy offensively and that was Pennix role. Pennix is technically a better athlete than Tremble (who is absolutely being wasted on the Panthers roster) so I really like his chances over Goodson and Scott because of his versatility and previous HB/TE duties as a blocker. I big, bruiser that can run AND catch the ball out of the backfield, in the flats as an HB or down the seam as an in-line blocker offers a lot of options to a creative play-caller like SS.  I like Granson but I wonder if this is potentially his replacement this year or next? They are extremely similar in size/speed measurables, and this is Granson's contract year so it makes sense if they are looking ahead even if they are listing Pennix as a RB?    Ultimately, I think this decision for the third back and fourth back is dependent on what they decide at WR (Goodson at RB and Gould over Dulin for example) and TE (Cut Alie-Cox and perhaps Pennix as a FB/HB/TE combo over Granson).  
    • I wanted stroud but knew he wouldn't  be there. I did like Richardson  over Levi's though
  • Members