Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon LaFell to the Patriots [Merge]

Ooooh you meant because of volume stats? Yeah those are worthless. Volume means nothing to me. The only thing that matters to me is efficiency. People who judge by volume come to a bunch of ridiculous conclusions like "Lafell and DHB are better than Hakeem Nicks"

Playing the same offense has nothing to do with how talented he is. As a mater of fact, Lafell is the type of player you DON'T want for the offense you run. You want a guy who's already a terrible route-runner to have to be counted on to recognize coverage and then break of depending on what the guy in front of him is playing? Lafell would be better for an offense like the one they run deep streaks and crossing routes to get their playmakers in space.

No, he's pretty bad. Not an upgrade over what you had at all. The Panthers, who's only receivers on the roster have a combined 1 career catch, let him walk when they could have paid him peanuts to stay.

Compare whatever you want but there is not much difference in production between them. I just used volume stats because I had them handy. But to be honest I think QB and offensive system are much more critical then stats anyways. Going from Newton to Brady and McDaniels is a huge upgrade for Lafells.

And I would think they brought him in exactly to run streaks and crossing routes ala Moss. I don't see him underneath getting too cute. Not at his size.

And the Pats have not brought him as an upgrade over anyone. They don't roll like that. He will have to come into camp and earn a spot over the other receivers.

Carolina has jettisoned their whole WR core. They obvious want to start over at that position. They could have kept all their guys for peanuts.