Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I score Colts 6-0 right now in transactions

lennymoore24

<p>

Naptown....

If I may.... I hope this post will calm things down.....

The information I'm cutting and pasting here I just got from this very website --- Colts.com

From Pat McAfee's own page, here's the info on his college career. You'll see that Pat punted a LOT in college and was very, very good at it. Everything's fine. Polian had plenty of poor draft picks -- every GM in the history of the sport does. But Pat McAfee was not one of them. Polian didn't "luck" into a good punter. Pat WAS a good punter in college. This is not opinion, this is fact. And here are the facts for you right from McAfee's own page.... This should settle everything....

COLLEGE:

• Four-year player who appeared in 51 career games for West Virginia. Totaled 126 career punts for a 43.7 average with a career-long kick of 75 yards.
  • Tallied 35 punts of 50-plus yards and 46 kicks downed inside the 20-yard line.
  • Converted 58-of-79 field goals (73.4 pct.) with a long of 52 yards while splitting the uprights on 210-of-212 extra points for 384 total points.
  • Had 57 career touchbacks on kickoffs and set the school record for the most games played.
  • Following graduation, was the school’s all-time leading scorer, all-time scoring leader by a kicker and all-time extra points leader.
  • Ranked second in career punting average and second in field goals made.
  • Set the Big East record for the most extra points made and ranked second on the conference’s all-time scoring list, second in punting average and third in field goals made.
  • Appeared in 13 games as a senior and totaled 62 punts for a 44.7 average with a long of 65 yards and 25 kicks downed inside the 20-yard line.
  • Converted 17-of-20 field goals with a long kick of 52 yards and 36 extra points for 87 total punts.
  • Was one of two players in the NCAA with multiple 50-plus yard field goals.
  • As a junior, was a second-team All-Big East choice and a Lou Groza Award semi-finalist.
  • Majored in communications.

The last bullet point doesn't surprise me :)

all ive done is gone by what pat says. if he gave me bad info then shame on him, go watch the video around the 4 minute mark 

With respect....   Pat didn't give you bad information....   you just misinterpreted his remarks...

Listen again at the 3:20 mark.    One of the hosts says...  "Pat, you were a kicker and a punter in college.... "

And then Pat responds with...   "I thought I could be a kicker and a punter in the NFL"...

Pat goes on to say (here's the misinterpretation,  that he used the roll-out style (Rugby style) of punting in college, but not the traditional style....   so, he struggled with punting when he first arrived and Polian said....  "Don't worry, you have two months to figure it out"

Just a misunderstanding.......   that's all.

But I'd give credit to Polian for having faith in the strength of McAfee leg....   he saw a weapon, and even thought McAfee wasn't a conventional punter,  Polian believed he could become one....   and he has.    Polian's instincts were rewarded.

This one is on the plus-side of Polian's ledger....    not the down-side....

With respect....   Pat didn't give you bad information....   you just misinterpreted his remarks...

Listen again at the 3:20 mark.    One of the hosts says...  "Pat, you were a kicker and a punter in college.... "

And then Pat responds with...   "I thought I could be a kicker and a punter in the NFL"...

Pat goes on to say (here's the misinterpretation,  that he used the roll-out style (Rugby style) of punting in college, but not the traditional style....   so, he struggled with punting when he first arrived and Polian said....  "Don't worry, you have two months to figure it out"

Just a misunderstanding.......   that's all.

But I'd give credit to Polian for having faith in the strength of McAfee leg....   he saw a weapon, and even thought McAfee wasn't a conventional punter,  Polian believed he could become one....   and he has.    Polian's instincts were rewarded.

This one is on the plus-side of Polian's ledger....    not the down-side....

i definitley misunderstood him, but that was largely due to him saying "i hardly punted in college"