Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Motivation, Preparation, And Execution

Fx Stryker

I was watching ESPN during my lunch break today and these are the words Urban Meyer said. He was talking about the Alabama & LSU game and what he would do if he was the coach of the teams. This got me thinking which do we lack on our team currently. These are the three things a coach has to take care of and this year it does seem Caldwell doesn't do any with the absence of Manning. I believe he was the one who took care of all of these points in the past.

On a second note how would you like Urban as a coach? As a Gator fan I love Urban and he is my favorite coach, only second to Dungy. If I were to pick a new coach it would be him.

Back on track though I think what Urban said this morning is the basic and fundamentals a coach needs. I was just wondering what everyone else though.

THIS IS NOT A CALDWELL BASH THREAD. PLEASE KEEP IT OUT.

Edited by Fx Stryker

I think Urban has always been a good coach. He hasn't been on the NFL level yet, but his college record is amazing I think. 104-23 (.819) and 7-1 (.875) in the bowl games. He made Tebow look good in Florida.

Awwww, come on... Tebow made Tebow look good in college! No coach can make a player look better than he actually is! (sarcasm!)

Awwww, come on... Tebow made Tebow look good in college! No coach can make a player look better than he actually is! (sarcasm!)

I was never a fan of Tebow. In '06 when the Gators made it to the Championship I would get furious when they took Chris out to put in Tim. Never liked his style.

I think Urban has always been a good coach. He hasn't been on the NFL level yet, but his college record is amazing I think. 104-23 (.819) and 7-1 (.875) in the bowl games. He made Tebow look good in Florida.

He's NFL ready, just needs a OC with a pro style offense that suits him. Myer not Tebow.

Edited by JoKeR

Are we assigning coaching positions?

Motivation : Teerlink.. He looks like he could light a fair under someone's insert word of your choice here.

Preparation: This one is tough since there have been many cases where we looked unprepared but lets go with Jim Bob Cooter just so I could type Jim Bob Cooter a couple of times.

Execution: I'm all for it... The whole staff starting with Caldwe,, CC, & Coyher... of course i"m joking but I'm all for someone to execute or exterminate their contracts!

Urban Meyer is likely a better coach from a decision making, time out, go for it on 4th down, etc, than Caldwell, but his offense wouldn't even begin to cut it on the NFL level.

Yea, his offensive work could use some outside help from a good OC. I just always liked the way the guy presented himself, and he seems like a real good leader. I'm not one to go out and make threads. When he said that though I was like, wow that's really good.