Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 2014 Off Season

Free Agency:

Brian De La Puente C (Saints)

Alex Mack would be huge but I don't see it happen. Browns have a lot of cap space and Centers like Mack are rare so I expect them to resign him. Buuut the Browns are still a dumb organization and you never know, maybe Mack wanna play in a better overall team and organization? But thats all wishful thinking. After Mack Dietrich-Smith and De La Puente are the two best Centers in free agency and both should be come for a more reasonable price.

Jon Asamoah OG (Chiefs)

I expect the Chiefs to resign Geoff Schwartz who would be also a nice option for the Colts so I would take Asamoah who is still young and a quality player.

Arthur Jones DE (Ravens)

Jones would be a huge improvement on our Defensive Line and opposite of Cory Redding we would have a nice DE tandem. He also can play DT and knows the Pagano scheme, good run stopper and can pressure the QB.

Donald Butler ILB (Chargers)

Colts need another guy next to Freeman and Butler is a good and not to expensive option at a good age (25 years)

Sam Shields CB (Packers)

Davis and Shields would be a great CB tandem. Toler is talented but just can't stay healthy and a CB who misses half of the season isn't going to help you.

Draft:

Rd2: Gabe Jackson OG (Mississippi State)

Rd3: Keith McGill CB (Utah)

Rd5: Marqueston Huff S (Wyoming)

Rd6: Jay Bromley DT (Syracuse)

Rd7: Jordan Najvar TE (Baylor)

Colts 2014/2015:

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

HB: Ballard, Richardson, Choice +1

FB: Havili

TE: Allen, Fleener, Doyle, Najvar

WR: Wayne, Hilton, Rogers, Brazill, Whalen

OT: Castonzo, Cherilus, Nixon

OG: Thomas, Thornton, Jackson, Asamoah

C: De La Puente, Holmes

DT: Chapman, Hughes, Bromley

DE: Redding, Jones, Jean-Francois +1

OLB: Mathis, Werner, Walden, Hickman

ILB: Freeman, Butler, McNary, Muamba

CB: Davis, Shields, McGill, Butler, Price

S: Landry, Huff, Brown, Howell +1

+1 Best UDFA

K: Vinatieri

P: McAfee

LS: Overton

I agree, this scenario really focuses on the interior of the o-line.  But it has been and will continue to be our major weakness until we address it properly.  An offseason like this could possibly solidify our line for many years to come, offering Luck better protection immediately. 

Overall, this deal is proportionately balanced with our needs, but I'd like to add a low-risk/high-reward WR (Edelman/Baldwin/Britt), via free agency, if we don't address it through the draft. 

I don't see the Colts drafting any lineman with two young guys on the team. They will be vets from FA.

I think they have to draft at least a guard because quality is rare in this years free agency at the Guard position. Thomas is coming back from a season ending injury and at the moment we don't have any depth! 

I will be interested in seeing Marqueston Huff's combine numbers. Somebody posted a link on here the other day with some highlights and he looks tremendous from the highlights. Decent size and great speed.

I think a quality free safety can be had in the later rounds and, as of now, would love it if we got Huff in the 5th round.