Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Nnamdi Asomugha merry-go-round/and is Joining the Eagles *merged*

coltsuser21

What im wondering is: How can they afford Nnambi, DRC, Babin, Asante, Vick, McCoy, Jackson, and all these other players. Those 7 guys have to take up 45M, leaving them 75M for 55 players. BTW, Jason Peters also makes 8.5M next year, so make that 66.5M for 54 players. I just see them making a lot of big releases.

We were about $20-$23 Million under the cap going in, and the contracts they've paid out are really not as large as they seem. That said, I do expect some cuts/trades to be made. Bunkley was traded, and I expect our incumbent nickleback to be released eventually. Also, Vick is playing on the Franchise tag, and he's expected to sign a new deal soon which will help lower his current $16 Million cap charge.

According to Jason La Canfora they are going to trade Samuels. Im not going to be one of the first people to say "We should try to get Asante".

Right now, I think the trade ideas are speculation. Teams have apperantly been calling, but we're not in a position where we have to move him, and I hope we don't.

Even if Samuel is cut loose we won't go after him because he has a 9M cap hit for 2011.

Asomugha gets worst quote of the week props because he says "The Eagles team has a championship feel." Uh....right. Based on what.....the numerous title teams he's been associated with?

Compared to Oakland, I'm sure a Pee Wee league would have more of a championship feel than what he's been used to. :)

Even if Samuel is cut loose we won't go after him because he has a 9M cap hit for 2011.

Asomugha gets worst quote of the week props because he says "The Eagles team has a championship feel." Uh....right. Based on what.....the numerous title teams he's been associated with?

The $9 Million cap hit includes prorations from his signing bonus. If traded, his new team would only be responsible for his base salary for 2011, which is about $5.5 Million.

The $9 Million cap hit includes prorations from his signing bonus. If traded, his new team would only be responsible for his base salary for 2011, which is about $5.5 Million.

Much better. Thanks for clarifying that. If there's 5M left after the in-house stuff here is settled I'd support this signing.

We were about $20-$23 Million under the cap going in, and the contracts they've paid out are really not as large as they seem. That said, I do expect some cuts/trades to be made. Bunkley was traded, and I expect our incumbent nickleback to be released eventually. Also, Vick is playing on the Franchise tag, and he's expected to sign a new deal soon which will help lower his current $16 Million cap charge.

Ok so what's 21.5 - 12 - 5.5 - 5 - 2 - a bunch of other contracts = -13 - 20M dollars. If they were 21.5 M under the cap going in they couldn't afford all these contracts...

Ok so what's 21.5 - 12 - 5.5 - 5 - 2 - a bunch of other contracts = -13 - 20M dollars. If they were 21.5 M under the cap going in they couldn't afford all these contracts...

The thing to keep in mind is, the cash payout is different than the cap charge. Nnamdi's contract averages $12 Million per season, but the actual cap charge for this year is going to be less than that.

A guy on our board does a good job of keeping up on roughly where we are. His website is: Mod Edit

This year's figures look incomplete, but he estimates we're still roughly $2.7 Million under the cap. With more releases, and Vick doing a long term deal, that number will increase.

Sorry. I had to edit your post. This link is not allowed per forum rules:

1. You cannot advertise for anything here, INCLUDING TICKETS (unless it is an official post from the Colts' organization, of course!). This means you also cannot solicit or advertise other websites.

Thanks.

My apologies.

Hey! No need. Nothing wrong with wanting to share info. Just a forum type of rule that is kinda' hard to follow sometimes. :)

(It keeps me confused on what is allowed and what is not . . . I'm sure I drive the other Mods crazy with my silly questions)