Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Nnamdi Asomugha merry-go-round/and is Joining the Eagles *merged*

coltsuser21

OK on NFL Network it is saying that TEXANS are very very close to signing Nnamdi Asomaugh and the NEW YORK JETS are the next in line to sign him.

SO who do we want to sign him TEXANS or JETS??????(we are out of question)

Iknow if houston texans sign him we will play him twice a year(and houston is close to taking divison) but if the jets sign him we will playing him in the playoffs

Texans ..we can always throw to the other side

Jets will be a nightmare

I already know that houston is going to sign him because there 31St defense in everything and i would want houston to sign him becasue last playoff game vs jets revis held wayne to 1 catch 1 yard and then Nnamdi would be on garcon so thats a double lock down...

Man after thinking about this WOW I wish he would go to SF-lol,how ever Hou would be bad have to battle him twice a year,going to the jets the worst time to face him and the other best CB in the game is in the play offs. So I say Hou! I think our run game will pick up tho with Chadd coming on board and adding rookie O-line. This should bring alittle one on one coverage down the field. One on One no CB will beat Wayne or Collie. We seem to forget two CB's and we have 4 great recievers. GO COLTS!!!

Yeah, Reggie was really mad about it after the game too. To be honest, Peyton never targeted him in that game. Almost never looked over there at all. Reggie could have had more, but Peyton was expecting him to be covered. Mr. timeout at stupid times was the main reason we lost imo. The look on Peyton's face when Caldwell called it says it all.

That being said, Wayne, Dallas, Collie, Garcon, Tamme, Gonzo, White. We're good.

If the Jets have both top CBs it would be interesting to see the Colts line up with 4 WRs with the top WRs in tight and the 3rd and 4th WRs out wide. See how the Jets adjust to that. You could still have Clark or Addai as a 5th option. Just might shake things up a little bit. Do the jets leave their top CBs outside on the 3rd and 4th WRs and let the 1 and 2 WRS run up the slots against LBs and lesser DBs? Or do they move the CBs in and let guys like Collie and Gonzo burn them on the edges?

Just fun to think about.

We shouldn't be too worried b/c if he shuts down Reggie to 2 catches a game, we still have Clark, Garcon, Collie and Tamme to go with. He can't shut down our whole team. I have to say one thing however:

They get Wade Phillips as the D-coordinator, drafted J.J Watt, and get Brooks Reed. They already have Cushing, Ryans as the inside linebackers, and now Williams as the outside linebacker. Now they may get Nmadi as a cornerback, and Kareem Jackson could become their 2nd corner. They already have a good offense which includes the best WR in the league, the reigning RB with the most yards in the league, and a pretty good QB. This is a team to watch out for next year, and in a couple of years they could compete for the division. Remember this however, no defense can stop Peyton Manning :)

I'd honestly rather that Asomugha went to the Texans. If our receivers are all healthy, it'll take more than one All-Pro corner to derail our offense. Just look at the 2009 divisional against the Jets...Revis covered Wayne, yeah, but Collie and Garcon crushed the rest of the secondary (Manning had over 300 yards, 3 TD's, and I dont think he threw a pick.) The only thing the Texans will accomplish by adding Asomugha is changing a horrible defense into a decent one.

However, if the Jets add Asomugha....oh goodness. Not only would Wayne be locked down by Revis, Asomugha would lock down Garcon, too. While I still think we could be productive if Collie and Clark were healthy, we'd have to be pretty perfect and prepare for a lot of long drives with short gains. That...would turn a good defense into a ridiculous defense.

They can have him.He's not even the best DB on that oakland team.Besides,its well known that he's a colt hater.Do you want a guy playing on your team that hates you?

Nnamdi, not the best DB on Oakland?...What??? lol

Not sure what you're talking about, because Nnamdi is one of the top 2 corners in the NFL.

We shouldn't be too worried b/c if he shuts down Reggie to 2 catches a game, we still have Clark, Garcon, Collie and Tamme to go with. He can't shut down our whole team. I have to say one thing however:

They get Wade Phillips as the D-coordinator, drafted J.J Watt, and get Brooks Reed. They already have Cushing, Ryans as the inside linebackers, and now Williams as the outside linebacker. Now they may get Nmadi as a cornerback, and Kareem Jackson could become their 2nd corner. They already have a good offense which includes the best WR in the league, the reigning RB with the most yards in the league, and a pretty good QB. This is a team to watch out for next year, and in a couple of years they could compete for the division. Remember this however, no defense can stop Peyton Manning :)

The only thing I don't agree with here is the couple of years part:

Manning > Schaub

Wayne =< Johnson

??? << Foster

Colts OLine < Texans

Colts D =< Texans

About the only thing we have over them is Manning and the passing game. Our defense may regress some this year. This could very well be the Texan's year. I hope it isn't, but as far as I'm concerned, they're looking like the team to beat in the division... especially if they nab Nnamdi.

Hidden

Nnamdi, not the best DB on Oakland?...What??? lol

Not sure what you're talking about, because Nnamdi is one of the top 2 corners in the NFL.

Yeah,...he's a good player and all,but i don't find him near as good as revis.The raiders have a great DB coaching staff and they develope players very well.I think stanford routt could be a star.

Yeah,...he's a good player and all,but i don't find him near as good as revis.The raiders have a great DB coaching staff and they develope players very well.I think stanford routt could be a star.

While I agree, it would be foolish not to see that Nnamdi is a shutdown corner and a beast among men. I think we still have a slight edge over Houston, but that is only due to #18, and we better be very wary because the Texans are sick of underachieving, and they have our number.

Hidden

While I agree, it would be foolish not to see that Nnamdi is a shutdown corner and a beast among men. I think we still have a slight edge over Houston, but that is only due to #18, and we better be very wary because the Texans are sick of underachieving, and they have our number.

They made a bunch of good moves this year and will be a better team,but if the reports are true(moving williams to LB),then that is pure stupidity.He will get hurt within 4 weeks.

I'd like to know what they're paying to get Asomugha. I'd love to see the money, considering many other teams also wanted him.

As for the Texans organization in general, they always find a way to mess things up. Rosencopter, hooooo!

Michael Lombardi just said on NFL Network that it's a two horse race between the Jets and the Cowboys right now. Please...go to the cowboys Nnamdi. Annoy the NFC QB's!!!

Indeed.

I don't see it happening though. The Cowboys can't even really begin to think about competing for a SB. The Jets have been to two consecutive AFC title games...

I'm going to perform some pagan ritual to see if I can sway the gods to force Nnamdi to the cowboys...Something similar to a rain dance. Cuz...Jerry Jones can make it rain...? I'll stop talking now.

I have the day off work. I'm bored, lol. I'm gonna go play Madden and sign Moss, Nnamdi, AND Mebane, because I can turn the salary cap off. Muhahahahahaha!

What im wondering is: How can they afford Nnambi, DRC, Babin, Asante, Vick, McCoy, Jackson, and all these other players. Those 7 guys have to take up 45M, leaving them 75M for 55 players. BTW, Jason Peters also makes 8.5M next year, so make that 66.5M for 54 players. I just see them making a lot of big releases.