Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The O-line has to be fixed

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I think we have our LG and RG of the future already. Donald Thomas was excellent for us before he got hurt, and Thornton is going to move back to the right and continue to improve. The question is whether Khaled Holmes can get on the field and earn a spot. No one knows what we have yet.

Hopefully, the Satele era is over after this season. I think we've been plenty patient; he's not a good center. And getting rid of him saves $4m in cap space. McGlynn is a free agent. We have to improve the interior line play. Castonzo is fine at LT, Cherilus is above average at RT.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game I've seen Reitz start at LG, outside of a few, he has been solid. I still don't understand what exactly he did to lose his starting job from last year, let alone fall so far down the depth chart this year. He can't even get on the field unless it's at TE. There's no way you can tell me McGlynn is more deserving to start than him. When we brought Donald Thomas in, I could understand a little bit why they didn't start him, but the minute Thomas went down, the starting lineup should've been

Costanzo

Reitz

Satele/McGlynn

Thornton/Link

Cherilus

Reitz and AC had a good chemistry going last year before he got hurt, and Thornton was being groomed to be our starting RG anyways. The above is our optimal lineup right now, but the coaching staff is insistent on fitting McGlynn and/or Satele into the starting lineup somehow, even though it's obvious that one (or both) of them needs to be benched 

it is baffling why they don't play reitz.