Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 NFL Power Ranking Consensus, Week 9.

Dustin

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013/10/30/5048106/2013-nfl-power-rankings-consensus-week-9-chiefs-seahawks-chargers-broncos-49ers-patriots

I know some of you guys don't like power rankings very much, but I'd though Id share this from the San Diego Chargers section of Sports Blog Nation.

Every week they compile a plethora of power ranking from places such as FOX, CBS, ESPN, NFL, ect..... And average it out to create a "consensus" ranking. This doesn't really seem all that special, but they also use team efficiency stats from sites like Football Outsiders, Aikman efficiency rating, PFR and create an "objective" ranking as well. 

As well as using these two ranking in order to create a single power ranking, they also give you other cool things like standard deviation and what-not. 

It's pretty Chargers-centric, but I thought it was pretty cool and some of you guys might find it interesting.

Colts rank 5th in subjective, and 4th in objective which puts their overall average at 4th. 

SB Nation stands for Sports Blog, not super bowl, as they cover all major sports on that site ;)

I saw this earlier in the week, and thought it was interesting. Indy is actually on of the most evenly rated teams by writers when you also look at their objective ranking. Carolina is by far the most underrated.

SB Nation stands for Sports Blog, not super bowl, as they cover all major sports on that site ;)

I saw this earlier in the week, and thought it was interesting. Indy is actually on of the most evenly rated teams by writers when you also look at their objective ranking. Carolina is by far the most underrated.

That's my bad i actually knew that. don't know why i typed that.  I'll fix it. 

I have no idea how to interpret subjective vs objective ratings. Thanks for the charts/link Dustin. SW1 has no clue what it means though. Not a reflection on you at all. I just have no rhyme or reason what this info reveals about the Colts. 

That's okay, a lot of stuff goes over my head anyway. No worries...The pink & green color patterns were different to look at.