Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are You Impressed With Painters #'s So Far?

WSO

Well, he's vastly better than our forum experts decreed all these years. He played so much better than proported; I’m still trying to grasp what we have. Having never started an NFL game before, he has impressive numbers. 110 attempts w/o an INT is quality play in the NFL... period. His targeting needs to improve, but that's true with all new starters and must certainly be expected. I haven’t seen anything that makes me believe he is responsible for any of this downward spiral, quite the contrary. He’s seems to have sparked the offense back to life and in my eyes has gotten better in each quarter he’s played. I look forward to seeing him grow and now feel this football team can compete with him under center. It appears that the only person who knows what’s what in this town is Reggie Wayne.

Great call Reggie!

--- New Curtis Painter fan.

You're exactly right!...

KUDOS to you sir....

I understand the most important numbers are in the w/l column but look at his #'s so far

33/68 48.5% 618 Yds, 4 TDs 0 Int 100.0 rating

And remember he is doing this behind an injury plagued O line and no defensive help. I'd say those are pretty good numbers. Granted its only been 2 weeks if he plays like this for the rest of the year, he could definitely be a starter somewhere else in the NFl. I know its early but he has impressed me a lot more than Collins.

Curtis has played good enough to win. Our "veteran" D is who is letting the team down. Curtis has earned himself a solid spot at back up QB for this team for a good while.

I would not say I am impressed because a lot of his yards and TDs have come off blown coverage, but I am pleasantly surprised that he didn't come out and just throw up all over himself. Given what I saw in preseason and how the front office showed no faith in him I figured he would just come out and be a total disaster.

I don't think he is the long term answer for when Manning is gone or anything, but he might be a serviceable back up for the next few years.

I still would draft Luck if presented the opportunity.

Hopefully Painter will tear it up and we can trade him for more picks.

If Manning is health then it makes no sense. To win now that first overall pick could be parlayed into a "bounty" of picks. And this team will have an "instant" upgrade in talent.

I do not think Irsay would do that to Manning.

The Colts are not good right now but they are not terrible either. A quick upgrade at CB would really boost this team's D play.

I understand both views, but as a die hard Colt fan I will be bitterly disappointed if Indy got to pick first and took a player who would sit for at least 4 years. I truly feel it won't happen. The trade value will just be too hard to refuse.