Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mario Harvey

SilentHill

I'm not sayin that what I'm saying is how did he get on the squad playing that and looking sloopy as he does....keep sheppard on the field leave him.....like I said we cut the wrong harvey period

Because he was forced to play out of his role. Do you think our GM and coaching staff fills out 3rd string positions with warm bodies? No they take guys who they use in certain situations, but not necessarily every situation.

My Lord the dude looked like a lineman out there trying to cover receivers

He looked like someone off of Tecmo Bowl!  I can forgive the coaching staff if Conner was hurt, but if one were to make a choice between Harvey and Conner(if healthy) for that role last night given his experience alone you probably want to go with Conner.  If you don't go with Conner I probably would go with maybe Angerer and Sheppard on passing downs.  The Harvey decision was really awkward to me.

I'm not sayin that what I'm saying is how did he get on the squad playing that and looking sloopy as he does....keep sheppard on the field leave him.....like I said we cut the wrong harvey period

I think you would see similar production from just about any team's 3rd string ILB if they had to play him as an every down player.  And Sheppard played quite a bit in the 2nd half.  He was on the field a lot with Harvey because they had no other options.  If Landry had been healthy then maybe the Colts could have gotten away with playing a lot more nickel after the injuries to our other LB's, but he was out too.  Injuries suck but they're part of the game.  If you get down to the point when the bottom 2 ILB's are playing the majority of the 2nd half then there are going to be problems.

Also, I'm drawing a blank here, who was the other Harvey?