Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller suspension not for a positive drug test.

Dustin

Von Miller did not test positive for performance-enhancing drugs or recreational drugs this year to trigger his NFL-imposed four-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy, an NFL source said Friday.

There are numerous ways for a player to fail the policy. Missing a test or counseling session is a violation. Repeatedly showing up late for tests and behavioral issues also are considered compliance violations of the NFL's intervention program.

Miller was placed in the league's substance-abuse program after he tested positive for marijuana during his rookie year in 2011.

Read more: Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos linebacker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive#ixzz2aErC1OgB 

"But if it’s true that Miller didn’t fail a drug test, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll win his appeal. It’s possible to violate the policy without testing positive by, for instance, refusing to take a test or submitting a diluted urine sample."

......or he just forgot he had a test.

The 3-step program...

1.) ..apologize...........whether you feel you have to or not...

2.)....accept the penalty....

3.) ...move on.....

It works in almost every situation...

That's dumb. If he thinks he can win his appeal then why would he accept the punishment?

What's dumb is to giht this in a contract year....

Get it over with...

Its not about the appeal .....if he missed a test......admit it and move on.

He'll be healthy and 100% for the last 12 games...and if the really doesn't smoke weed..it'll never happen again

He's got to get this behind him...

What's dumb is to giht this in a contract year....

Get it over with...

Its not about the appeal .....if he missed a test......admit it and move on.

He'll be healthy and 100% for the last 12 games...and if the really doesn't smoke weed..it'll never happen again

He's got to get this behind him...

Like I said. To not file an appeal and not at least try to get this overturned makes absolutely 0 sense.

Unless you want to go to the Super Bowl and get a big contract.

If those are not your 2 goals.....,.

Then, by all means,  let this linger.....create a problem for yourself

....dont try to beat the rap when you obviously did something (smoke the hash or  miss the test...its obvious nobody simply

made this suspension up) promise to take all future tests on time...and stay off the weed.

People ALWAYS forgive you if you say you're sorry..

....Get it over with....

Unless you want to go to the Super Bowl and get a big contract.

If those are not your 2 goals.....,.

Then, by all means, let this linger.....create a problem for yourself

....dont try to beat the rap when you obviously did something (smoke the hash or miss the test...its obvious nobody simply

made this suspension up) promise to take all future tests on time...and stay off the weed.

People ALWAYS forgive you if you say you're sorry..

....Get it over with....

Lol if you actually think him filing an appeal will in anyway affect if he gets a big contract. He's the best pass rusher in the league. He'll likely be the highest paid defensive player in the league when his contract runs out regardless of whether he files an appeal or not.

Lol if you actually think him filing an appeal will in anyway affect if he gets a big contract. He's the best pass rusher in the league. He'll likely be the highest paid defensive player in the league when his contract runs out regardless of whether he files an appeal or not.

That's the MJ talking..

If he keeps smoking weed..or ducking the drug tests......management wont be so eager to pay him

Once is a fluke..twice is a problem...I know you know that

Put it behind you and move on...dont delay the suspension like Richard Sherman did..

Get it over with...

Think long term....

That's the MJ talking..

If he keeps smoking weed..or ducking the drug tests......management wont be so eager to pay him

Once is a fluke..twice is a problem...I know you know that

Put it behind you and move on...dont delay the suspension like Richard Sherman did..

Get it over with...

Think long term....

Richard Sherman didn't "delay suspension". He actually didn't get suspended, because he WON HIS APPEAL.