Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which team had the best draft?

Personally I would give the Vikings a C..   Patterson is NOT a complete WR, and nobody knows if he will ever get to that point.     I hate that pick.   I would have rather had Woods or Allen.

IMO if a team has 3 first round picks you need to pull 3 starters, or at least 3 players that will contribute Immediately.   Patterson is a big question mark.

The 49ers stole the show....     but they should have they had more picks than anyone going in...

Ravens, Bengals, Cardinals, Panthers, Rams all did very well.....

I actually prefer Patterson for the Vikings, since Ponder can't actually throw the ball downfield. Not that I'm all that fond of Patterson.

Lots of teams had a good day. 49ers I hate to say have to be a top 3 draft from where I sit.

Honorable mention to the Raiders. They so rarely get to have a quality draft, and they did well in this one.

Giants, Rams, Lions, Ravens all had good drafts. Texans and Eagles too.

Vikings draft was good, but because I'm lower on WR Patterson than most I'm not pushing them to the absolute top of the heap. Their draft was solid, not spectacular.

Cardinals did alright for themselves too. Love their double RB drafting. Stepfan Taylor was probably my favorite RB in this draft. If he wasn't so similar in skill-set to Ballard I would have wanted him bad.

Honestly though, doing a top 5, no way the Colts are included on paper. Our draft was risky and leaves questions to be answered. Does Werner translate well to OLB? Do Thornton and Montori behave themselves? (both have been flagged with character issues).  Is Holmes tough enough to win a job anywhere inside? Does Boyett stay healthy?? I'm not sold on our draft at all. Favorite picks were Werner, Kerwynn Williams, Hugh Thornton in that order. Thornton is flagged as a character risk yes, but he's a real good player. Hope he wins a starting Guard spot early.