Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speaking of Pro Days.... (Stanford 3/21)

....  the Stanford Pro Day is tomorrow, Thursday, 3/21.

It's televised on ESPN3,  which is something you can watch on your computer.    You go to ESPN3.com and follow the promts to what you want to watch...

It's 2:15 on the West Coast,  and 5:15 on the East....

I'm not sure I'll be able to watch all of it...    some family obligations...

There's a player I'd like you to keep an eye out for, and it's not Stepfan Taylor or Chase Thomas....

It's someone who didn't get an invite to the combine,  so his whole future rides on his Pro Day....

His name is Terrence Brown, and I'm really, really hoping he does well and that the Colts take a look at him either with a late pick, or in FA.    I think he'd be a steal for us.

Brown is listed at 6'1" and 180.    He's a two year starter and got better every year.   He had one more year of eligibility, but stunned everyone at Stanford by coming out.    The guess is there are family issues at play and money maybe needed now. 

He's got a little Richard Sherman bulldog in him.    He's confident, fearless,  feisty, unafraid...  he faced the best WR this year and did well every week.    His one really bad game happened a year ago in the Fiesta Bowl when he faced Blackmon of Oklahoma State.    But, otherwise,  he's a talented kid whose best football I think is in front of him.   I don't think he's come close to his ceiling.

Remember,  Richard Sherman was a 5th round pick for Seattle.    Now, the Seahawks wouldn't trade him for a #1.    Brown may not be Sherman,   but he could be Sherman-lite.   And for a late round pick,  I like that kind of value.

Obviously, I hope Taylor and Thomas can improve upon very disappointing Combine efforts...  but that remains to be seen...

Thanks for your eyes....   I look forward to reading your comments here tomorrow...!     :thmup:

I've been advocating for Chase Thomas for a long time now, as I think he's probably the most intelligent the player in the entire class, and still has a great skillset. Stanford used him in many ways, showing how extremely versatile he is. If he just played one style, say D-Ware coming off the edge every play, he could have challenged Jarvis Jones for most sacks this past year.