Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did lack of faith in Jerry Hughes and inability to get deal with Avril lead to Walden signing?

chad72

First off I would much rather pick up a hard working DE like Dorsey...that would eat up blockers and allow our OLB to rush the passer. That is just me but while Dorsey has underplayed his top 10 selection he is playing a position that isn't designed to create hurries or sacks. 

Everything thats happened I don't understand why everyone freaks out. Do you honestly expect us to spend every single dollar this year in FA of our cap space. Perhaps we don't have the pass rushers evaluated very highly that are available. Perhaps they would rather save the 8-10 million a year and use it on someone they think is a real difference maker that will be available next year. We do have to upgrade but we don't have to do it in one year. I'm not sure who will be available next year but perhaps we are saving some cap space for targets we have. Its like nba teams clearing space to land lebron. They could have used that money to sign guys and be better but they held out knowing the big offseason was down the road. This easily could be our plan.