Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Last 2013 Mock w/ Free Agentcy

There little time until Free Agentcy (18 hours) so lets get into the fun!

Resign: 

Darius Butler 3 yr 8 Mil 2.6 mil/yr

Deji Karim 2 yr 2 mil 1 mil/yr

Free agentcy:

Ramses Barden WR 4yr 14 mil 3.5mil/yr

Bardens a HUGE target that could be nice alternating at #2 Wr slot with Lavon, Also could be a great Red Zone target.

Louis Vasquez OG 4 yr 28 mil 7 mil/yr

We have been rumored to be one of the front runners for Andy Levitre and Louis Vasquez. Vasquez is great in pass coverage but struggles a bit in the running game, regardless he'd be a great pick-up.

Phil Loadholt OT 4 mil 26 mil 6.5/yr

Loadholt is very good in the running game and solid in the pass game, we have tons of cap and we have needs RT is one of them. Justice is just not cutting it as a starter and the future of our franchise is Andrew Luck so its that much more important to protect him.

Mike DeVito DE 4 yr 20 Mil 5/yr

DeVito would come in and play D end. He's familiar to the 3-4 system and exceled in it with New york. He'd be great in a rotation with Fili. DeVito is very stout against the run.

Paul Kruger OLB 5 yr/ 52.5 Mil 10.5/yr

Heres the big boy. Kruger can just get out the and cause havoc rushing the QB. Kruger is going to be overpayed and his two front runners are us, and the Browns. He has connections to Pagano and could fit perfectly in our lineup just causing absolute terror  Kruger is defiantly a Boom or Bust player but hey with the amount of cap we have we gotta use it somewhere and Kruger could be worth every penny if he works out well.

Draft:

1: Xavier Rhodes CB FSU 

Rhodes is a Combine riser, he ran very well and looked very fluid in almost every drill, He may not fall to us. But the way the draft order is layed out i actually believe that we have a good shot at him. After Tampa id ont see anybody who's BIGGEST need is CB. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

3: Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse

Thomas is a combine riser he again ran well and looked fluid in drills Analasist compaired him to none other than Bob Sanders. If he is infact like that he could be the future of our secondary with Vontae. He looked very good against the run from the flim i have seen but that is a very minimal amount.

4: Alvin Bailey G Arkansas

If Bailey does infact fall to this pick oh boy. Bailey can slip right in beside Vasquez, already what a improvement on the line (not to mention Loadholt). Bailey shows flashes of soild movement but could be improved on, He can just dominate when he wins in first contact

5 (projected comp): Montori Hughes NT Tennessee Martin

Hughes is a great on the feild talent that has one nagging problem, that is his off the field issues. If it were not for that he'd likey be a 2nd-3rd round pick. Hughes has very good at the combine and the Senior Bowl.

6: Quanterus Smith OLB Western Kuntucy

Smith has tons of talent and up-side. He had a great season record 12.5 sacks (including a 3 sack performance vs Alabama and D.J. Fluker) and almost all of his sacks came in bunches this year, BUT the big BUT of it all is that he had a brutal ACL tear in the later portion of the season, if healthy Smith could be a force for years to come.

7: Dustin Hopkins K FSU 

I know, I know McAfee wants to be the kicker but we need a back-up plan or a Plan B. Maybe even give Hopkins a chance over McAfee.

The end thanks for reading.

I don't know if we should re-sign Karim or not. I wouldn't be crazy about that contract. I like your free agent options but not a fan of Ramses Barden. Your draft is really good, it addresses most of our needs.

Great draft, I like everything but the Kruger signing.

I don't know if we should re-sign Karim or not. I wouldn't be crazy about that contract. I like your free agent options but not a fan of Ramses Barden. Your draft is really good, it addresses most of our needs.

Thanks Guys!