Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Is A Make-Or-Break Year For...

21isSuperman

What do you guys think of Brayton, Sims and Anderson? Do they get re-signed for next year?

Yes bring them all back. Anderson and Brayton are quality backups and Sims might turn out to be a very good starter, possibly a good coverage LBer.

There are a number of guys on this team who, if they don't produce, should in my opinion be released.

Brown - He has been in the system for a few years and should know the entire playbook. With the addition of Carter, I think that's a sign to Brown that we aren't afraid to release him. If he doesn't have a strong year, I think he needs to go.

Gonzo - Pretty much the same as Brown. He knows the system well. His only flaw is that he is very injury prone. This is the last year of his contract, so if he doesn't produce well this year, he won't be on the team next year. If I remember right, he has even come out and said that this is a make-or-break year for him.

Diem - His play regressed a lot last year; false starts and penalties all over the place. He is now playing guard and that is what position Ijalana was projected to play in the NFL. We also have Pollak to play guard. With that said, he might stay on the team if Link doesn't play well at RT.

Lacey - I'm iffy on saying this is a make-or-break year, but he had a solid rookie season and followed it up with a pretty bad sophomore campaign. We don't have much depth at CB either, so I could see him staying with the team next year.

Coyer - His first season, the defense played well. The second season, the defense played very poorly (though he did have to deal with a lot of injuries). For me, this is his make-or-break year. If the defense doesn't perform well, I wouldn't be upset to see him go.

Rychleski - Special teams have been brutal for the last few years. He has done nothing to improve them and I wouldn't be upset to see him go.

Who do you think is on the hot seat and why?

No need to move Diem or Lacey, Gonzalez or Brown..

That's called depth...

Caldwell isnt going anywhere and that means Coyer stays..

The special teams guys isnt even allowed to talk..

• 1 month later...