Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+6 1/2) vs. Oakland

oldunclemark

Over/under 48.5...stay away..even 31-17 doesn't cover 48.5

Both are 1-2 and both defeat Pittburgh but in my mind, the Broncos played their best quarter of

offense in the 4th Q against Houston...the best defense they've seen,

The Broncos always get a couple of extra points at home (more than other teams)

but I think Denver covers this if Wilis Magahee plays and indications are he will.

Plus I would says safetly that Carson P. is the 4th best QB the Rauders have seen so far.

They've seen good ones.

So Denver gets the ball more...and they have got strong as the gamne goes longer..

They have outscored 3 decent teams 45-6 in the fourth quarter..

Demnver should win by more than a TD

Over/under 48.5...stay away..even 31-17 doesn't cover 48.5

Both are 1-2 and both defeat Pittburgh but in my mind, the Broncos played their best quarter of

offense in the 4th Q against Houston...the best defense they've seen,

The Broncos always get a couple of extra points at home (more than other teams)

but I think Denver covers this if Wilis Magahee plays and indications are he will.

Plus I would says safetly that Carson P. is the 4th best QB the Rauders have seen so far.

They've seen good ones.

So Denver gets the ball more...and they have got strong as the gamne goes longer..

They have outscored 3 decent teams 45-6 in the fourth quarter..

Demnver should win by more than a TD

Anyway, I digress...

Quinton Carter to have season-ending knee surgery

With Carter now off the roster and middle linebacker Joe Mays suspended for the game Sunday against Oakland, the Broncos replaced them on their 53-man roster with rookie safety Duke Ihenacho and second-year middle linebacker Mike Mohamed. Ihenacho and Mohamed were promoted from the Broncos’ practice squad.

Veteran Keith Brooking is expected to start at middle linebacker Sunday with Wesley Woodyard again starting at weakside linebacker.

http://blogs.denverp...r-season/16056/

Yoda AKA Peyton Manning should slice up the Raiders secondary like a steaming hot, holiday turkey IMO. The Raiders do not appear to be in sync yet defensively, but Richard Seymour is always a dangerous player to be watched, schemed, & planed for at all times.

Alot depends on stopping McFadden and with Mays suspended thats Harder, his history Vs Denver has been stellar,

also CB Carter who I thought played well last week now on IR , though porter who left will play and rather have him hopefully for entire game and his knee I believe which was playing hurt with last game is HOPEFULY FULLY healed'

History suggest the Broncos have quite the uphill battle on Sunday.

]Since 2008 the Oakland Raiders have beaten the Broncos four straight games in Mile High with two different head coaches. Tom Cable, of smashing jawbones fame, beat us three times and Hue Jackson did it once. In each of those four losses the Broncos had been favored to win, sometimes with absolutely gigantic lines

2011: Broncos by 3 - Result: Raiders win 23-20 (Raiders were an 8 win team that year)

2010: Broncos by 7 - Result: Raiders win 59-14 (Raiders were an 8 win team that year)

2009: Broncos by 14 - Result: Raiders win 20-19 (Raiders were a 5 win team that year)

]2008: Broncos by 8.5 - Result: Raiders win 31-10 (Raiders were a 5 win team that year)

2012 the year that the spell is broken?

What to Watch For:

For the Raiders the success of their franchise rests on the shoulders of their star running back Darren McFadden. McFadden has been, to put it lightly, a complete monster in Denver.

In 2010 McFadden rushed for 150 yards in the season opener a year after rushing for 165 yards and 3 TD's in the-game-that-we-never-speak-of. If the Broncos want to open this game up, they must stop Darren McFadden. McFadden has, in those four games, rushed for 427 yards and 5 touchdowns and an average of over 7 yards per carry.

The Broncos are being forced to play without their starting middle linebacker Joe Mays who recently discovered ripping off part of a QB's ear will earn you a one game suspension and probably a whole lot of credibility and fear.

The Broncos, who are already thin at LB, will once again ask the next man up to step up and play big because the Raiders have shown they like to run often against the Broncos. Players like Von Miller and Keith Brooking are going to have their work cut out for them.

http://www.milehighr...-preview-week-4

Alot depends on stopping McFadden and with Mays suspended thats Harder, his history Vs Denver has been stellar,

also CB Carter who I thought played well last week now on IR , though porter who left will play and rather have him hopefully for entire game and his knee I believe which was playing hurt with last game is HOPEFULY FULLY healed'

History suggest the Broncos have quite the uphill battle on Sunday.

]Since 2008 the Oakland Raiders have beaten the Broncos four straight games in Mile High with two different head coaches. Tom Cable, of smashing jawbones fame, beat us three times and Hue Jackson did it once. In each of those four losses the Broncos had been favored to win, sometimes with absolutely gigantic lines

2011: Broncos by 3 - Result: Raiders win 23-20 (Raiders were an 8 win team that year)

2010: Broncos by 7 - Result: Raiders win 59-14 (Raiders were an 8 win team that year)

2009: Broncos by 14 - Result: Raiders win 20-19 (Raiders were a 5 win team that year)

]2008: Broncos by 8.5 - Result: Raiders win 31-10 (Raiders were a 5 win team that year)

2012 the year that the spell is broken?

What to Watch For:

For the Raiders the success of their franchise rests on the shoulders of their star running back Darren McFadden. McFadden has been, to put it lightly, a complete monster in Denver.

In 2010 McFadden rushed for 150 yards in the season opener a year after rushing for 165 yards and 3 TD's in the-game-that-we-never-speak-of. If the Broncos want to open this game up, they must stop Darren McFadden. McFadden has, in those four games, rushed for 427 yards and 5 touchdowns and an average of over 7 yards per carry.

The Broncos are being forced to play without their starting middle linebacker Joe Mays who recently discovered ripping off part of a QB's ear will earn you a one game suspension and probably a whole lot of credibility and fear.

The Broncos, who are already thin at LB, will once again ask the next man up to step up and play big because the Raiders have shown they like to run often against the Broncos. Players like Von Miller and Keith Brooking are going to have their work cut out for them.

http://www.milehighr...-preview-week-4

wow..impressive number cruching there, B.

might cause a broken down gambler to sit this one out...