Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Next Opponent is very Very Dangerous....

NewColtsFan

This is not a year where we get any automatic victories. Honestly, in years gone by we had such games, but we'll scratch and claw our way to each victory this year (hopefully 15 of them!). Your point is well taken. There are some good elements to this Jaguar team, and their OL issues aren't any worse than our own. I expect us to win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us in an all-out war come third quarter...

This is not a year where we get any automatic victories. Honestly, in years gone by we had such games, but we'll scratch and claw our way to each victory this year (hopefully 15 of them!). Your point is well taken. There are some good elements to this Jaguar team, and their OL issues aren't any worse than our own. I expect us to win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us in an all-out war come third quarter...

Agreed. This is a team that will experience inconsistency and I'm sure there will be some ugly games. Hopefully they are ugly wins, but every game will be a question.

I agree with the bolded. But that never applied to the Jaguars. In 22 games against them, the average spread has been 3.5 points. We've won 15 of them, but in recent years, we've only beaten them by more than a score once. The Jaguars have been the team that has played us the closest, particularly in the division.

Because young QB's are usually on bad teams, being well protected is the exception for them, not the rule. Mostly its part of their training - good ones figure it out and tend to get better with their line. They make each other better, in part, over time. There is no line good enough to protect a young QB who holds the ball too long, and most young QB's would like to hold the ball longer than available because they are not certain of what they are seeing. Thus, David Carr was as much the problem as his poor line was.

Yes, agreed. I just fear that with the constant instability of the line, it does end up being a problem. Not as much as I intended to make it as

but he's not putting his body on the line every play....that's just overreaction. aaron rodgers was sacked and hit more against the bears than luck was. plus luck isn't really taking hard shots. granted, u never want to get sacked by a 300lb lineman, but i worry far more about the kind of shot he took from london fletcher in preseason. if he can stay away from those he will be fine imo.

Ok, i take that statement back about laying his body on the line on every play. As long as he can avoid major sacks like the 20 yard sack last week, he should be fine