Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel's Mock Draft 1.0

I used First Pick to do my Mock Draft. I hope all of you enjoy it.

Rd1:29 - Marcus Peters CB, Washington: The knock on Peters are his character issues. I think if you put Peters in our lockeroom our leaders will straighten him up. Peters is a top-10 pick that is a great press cover corner. He has the size and can get physical with some of the bigger receivers in the league. I'm not sold on Toler and I believe Peters could come in a take the starting job away from Toler and give us to corners that can lockdown there respective sides of the field.

Rd2:29 - Stephone Anthony ILB, Clemson: Our linebackers struggled against Tight Ends all last year. Anthony projects as a true 3 down linebacker. He has great size, and good instincts. After this season I don't believe Freeman will be back with the team and despite making the pro bowl last year Jackson struggled mightily in coverage. Anthony could sit back, learn and be the linebacker of our future.

Rd3:29 - Hau'oil Kikaha DE/OLB, Washington: I really like this guys motor. He is relentless in his pass rush and could be a versitile player. He is also good against the run. He won't be asked to start immediately or even play to much. He'll have great mentors like Trent Cole and Robert Mathis to learn from.

Rd4:29 - David Cobb RB, Minnesota: David Cobb is one of my favorite running backs in this draft. He isn't the fastest but is a physical down hill runner that can break tackles and is a good short yardage back. He could come in a sit behind Frank Gore and learn how the game is really played.

Rd5:29- Corey Robinson OT, South Carolina: Robinson has the potential to be a steal for us at this point in the draft. At 6' 7" 345 pounds he has the size and could be our right tackle of the future. He needs to work on his kick back and is sometimes slow to get off but is good in the run game. This would be good insurance for Chelirus

Rd6:29 - Darren Waller WR/TE, Georgia Tech: At 6' 6" 246 pounds Waller ran a 4.46 in the forty yard dash. Not only is he big and fast for his size, but he has good hands, and good body control. A lot of people don't think Wide Receiver is a huge need. Andre Johnson won't be there forever, Duron Carter hasn't taken a snap in the NFL and TY Hilton is our only true legit threat until proven other wise.

Rd6:31 - Kaleb Ellis DT/DE, Mississippi State

Rd7:29 - Nick Perry FS, Alabama

Rd7:31 - Ladarius Gunter CB, Miami

I think Peters is the best cb in the draft but his off the field issues may keep us from drafting him. That said though I think this is the best mock I have seen on this forum if Kikaha would last too our pick in the third.But I don't see it happening!

Yeah it would be nice if he would last.. You never know the draft can be unpredictable but I doubt it will happen.