Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Cheerleaders Shave Their Heads In Tribute

King Colt

I saw yesterday a first in the long history of the NFL with two of the Colts cheerleaders having their heads shaved in tribute to the disease coach Pagano has. I don't know much about that man but when so many do so much in his name he must be a very special human. Hats (and hair) off to the two young ladies that did the deed for a very good cause. Something extra special is happening with this franchise and it is a good feeling to know those people are doing good things for a good cause and a good head coach. This is more important than the success they are having on the field.

I was at the game and they showed the head shaving on the big screens. One cheerleader (Megan) agreed to have her head shaved if Colts mascot Blue could raise $10,000 to go to leukemia research....well, Blue raised over $22,000!!! The other cheerleader (Crystal) is a leukemia survivor and she also had her head shaved during the ceremony.

Later, in the 4th quarter, Jim Irsay walked Coach Pagano to the balcony of the Owner's Suite and when they were shown on the big screens, everyone in the stadium stood and cheered the coach. He was obviously very touched by the standing ovation and you could read his lips as he said thank you to the crowd. It was a very special day and I'm so glad I was there to see it all.