Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense

hambone35

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Exactly. If they could just make the first, initial tackle, the defense would be much better, even with the existing personnel.

Many times I was like "Yes, we got a man there"....then it's like "oh $#!+, he just bounced right off... there the other guy goes for 10 more yards...."   I miss the days where solid tackles were a mainstay.  This whole idea of hit em hard to cause a turn over is NOT working for us.  10 times out of 10 our guys on D just bounce off like rubber.  It's really pathetic.  Tackling is so fundamental it's in excusable.   It is a sad team we have where 3rd an long is still a regular down.   Whoever is in charge of tackling needs to be fired yesterday.  

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

very sad what he has done to the colts, we may be in line for the number one pick and i hope he does not do the picking

Could be.  Time will tell.  If he doesn't drastically change (which I doubt he will) I hope his time runs out. 

The DC needs to be held accountable.  We're in the 2nd quarter of the season and the D ain't looking good.   Something needs to change.

I'd love to have Mike Vrabel as the DC.  I'd also like Ballard to go through an exhaustive DC search, like he did for Shane.  That would prove he is willing to change (hopefully).