Paye

Dayo

Stewart

Franklin

Okereke

Speed

Brents

Blackman

And added players like Buckner and Moore  through trade and waiver claims.  

Yep a list of C- players he drafted. Buckner and Moore don’t count.
Grover hasn’t been the same since no more PED’s. 

Brent’s… Are you kidding me? Made of glass.

Paye and Dayo have show to only be single sack season players.

Blackmon a C- Safety and we all know the whole secondary is a need 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

not at all. Peyton threw a lot of interceptions but he threw a lot of touchdowns also. He was not a project. 

Ok. AR has 11 tds in the equivalent of 5 games. Is that not a lot?

9 hours ago, Zoltan said:

You gotta give AR at least two full seasons, to see if he can develop his game.

I know, but if we are in position  to take another qb I say do it as we will need a new backup  regardless

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

The difference is you see all those guys as C- players.    That’s your opinion.  

I don’t believe there are grades or other facts to back that up.  

On 9/18/2024 at 8:52 PM, CR91 said:

So this is based on what I've seen from the colts the pass two weeks and what I feel they can do to fix some of the problems their dealing with

1.Stop forcing AR to make passes in the pocket 

I'm sorry, but AR imo just doesn't have the accuracy to sit in the pocket and make throws. Get him outside where teams are forced to come at him because of the fear of him running which then opens up the coverage. It shrinks the field sure, but it also puts the defense in a bind because they have to respect AR's legs.

I disagree to a degree. AR is much more of a pocket passer than a lot of people would like to consider him. He needs MORE reps ... in and out of the pocket. He just needs reps and experience. Agree with one thing though... he might benefit from changing his platform once in a while and giving the defense some deferent looks that they cannot key in on. 

2.Taylor needs to touch the ball 20-25 times a game 

2 games and Taylor has not touched the ball more then 16 times which is absolutely insane to me given he's your best player. You need to take as much pressure off AR as possible and JT can do that.

Somewhat agree... but game script dictates some of this. We've just not been playing with the lead a lot and we've been in position to need to throw a lot. I still don't think him sitting the last drive last week was that huge of a problem, especially after he actually dropped an easy pass earlier in the game. He's never been known to be a great pass-catching back and I have no idea why people are pretending like he is one here. :dunno:

3.Give AR easy throws to the TEs

I don't know why the hell the TEs are not getting more involved in the passing game. We need drive starting plays. Not everything needs to be a deep or intermediate play.

We need better TEs, AR doesn't need to force throws to mediocre TEs who slip or run the wrong routes or can't catch the ball. 

4.Defense needs more lane discipline 

I can't count how many times I've seen teams easily move our guys out of the way. No one is holding their ground and on certain cases their just over pursuiting and the RB is already 5 yards down the field.

Yep... lots of things need cleaning up in our defense. Some seem like coaching points, some are personnel based. I think our LBs have been big culprits in our porous run defense.